Dynamat on car door

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1506
well tommarrow i will be installing my new speakers and dynamat on my cars doors, well today i was taking the old speakers out and noticed that the door has plastic on it, so i was wondering should i just put the dynamat on top of the plastic or cut it out and put the dynamat directly on the metal of the door.

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California USA

Post Number: 457
you can take off that plastic stuff.. just rip it off

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1508
so should i take the plastic off the whole door or just the 10x10 square, where the dynamat is gonna be placed.

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California USA

Post Number: 458
it doesnt really matter.. when i watched the how to videos on crutchfield for dynamat they ripped it all off...

Gold Member
Username: Pelona

Alabama

Post Number: 1060
ya i dont even know wut that plastic is for. wut is it for?

Bronze Member
Username: Bachatero07

Post Number: 88
the plastics is the factory version of dynamat. it has two purposes. to better insulate the speaker, but the more important reason is to better insulate the inside of the car. cars come so well insulated though that you really dont even need it anymore. lastly, dont go crazy with the dynamat on the doors it isnt as necessary on the doors if those spoeakers arent getting bass. dynamat is more necessary where there is bass involved. for instance, if you have some subs in the trunk. dynamat supresses that vibration so that you wont hear your trunk lid over your music.

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1509
ya i kinda figured, thats why i only went with 10x10 squares instead of the whole door kit, but they do make the speakers sound a lot better, well mabey its because i went from sony to alpine, but in any case they sound better and louder now all i have to do is get my new H/U in it.

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 802
I notice a big difference with my components when I dynamated most of the door. Especially when I covered holes in the door with dynamat.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us