Wiring ?'s

Username: Lickwid

PA

Post Number: 1
Ok i am in the process of running my wiring. Im at the point to hook up my rca and remote on wires. On my kenwood KDC-516s i have 2 diff rca outputs, one for front, one for rear. What one should i use to run the rca's to the back to power my 4 speakers. Also has anyone run new wire for their doors in a 2 door Integra 94+. My car has a grey harness type thing that the wires feed through, but the holes are not big enough for me to run my new wire through. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2609
for power cable in the integra through the firewall, look for a rubber gromet where either the wiring for stuff like AC comes through, or the steering column, where you'll find enough room for 4AWG cable. at worst, drill a new hole, and insert the appropriate gromet.

if you're wiring for a 4 channel amp, you need 2 pair of RCA lines, and you connect one pair to front outs, one to rear outs, and match that to the inputs on the amp.
remote trigger connects to the blue wire on the kenwood labeled remote, or lacking that, labeled pwr ant.

Username: Lickwid

PA

Post Number: 2
power cable is cool, got that ran. I am getting a 4 chan amp so im gonna need another pair of rca cables, for the power wire i have a motor ant. control wire, and power control wire and on the harness there are 2 blue cables comming from 1 hole, but the end of one of the 2 is going into another hole on the same side, basically to nothing, im guessing i can use the one that is going to nothing , how about the door speaker wires? only thing i can think of is drilling a new hole.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us