Frequency to use to break in Sub

Username: Van_man

Post Number: 5
I have a tone gen. to break in my L7, However what hz should it be played at and for how long, at what volume? Any ideas? also, constant, stereo,mono? sweep what?

Silver Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 165
relax bro just play your sub at low volume for like 20 hours and thats it, some sub do not need to break in and some need or they will not play good

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1509
are you going to put it in your house and let it play for 10-20 hours with a tone generator??

you can just play it normally with music for that time and just not seriously push it until 10-20 hours of play has passed.

theres no particular setup for breaking in subs. and as lilrob stated, some subs don't really need a breakin period.

Silver Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 175
yeah bro but its better to stay safe so 20 - 10 hours it will be fine with 5 hours its ok but to be safe is good 10-20

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2074
play about 25-30hz free air, thay way the sub has tons of excursion... then it will be broken in.. do this for about 8-10mins!

Silver Member
Username: Graphix1

Santa Rosa Heights, Arima Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 796
but b......im not sure,just askin...
wont playing ur sub in free air @ 25-30hz be equivelent to blastin ur sub at a fairly loud vol. ...
and since the suspension is stiff,wont that damage the sub

Silver Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 216
is not recomended to play subs in free air with alot of power and with freq lower than the sub freq

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Post Number: 2307
just play the blasted thing. that's the best way to break in a sub. if it has issues, then it's not worth owning anyway.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5418
I hate to "break" your bubble, but it's a L7. Not talking about W7 or anything close.
Just play it.
I hope you didn't get that sub for SQ.

Username: Van_man

Post Number: 8
No SQ here, I have 16 amped 6x9s for that.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us