Few ?'s

Silver Member
Username: Xbranman

Chattanooga, TN United States

Post Number: 106
how much would a jlW6 12 inch sub cost? and how hard would it hit with 450 watss to it in a ported box to specs?

Silver Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 162
will not hit as hard as a sx but the sq will be pretty good and the rms of the w6 is 400 rms if you want sq go wit that one if you one more spl and stayong with sq go with re audio se or the ascendant audio assasins that cost 80 for the 12 and those are one of the best sq available for that price for the w6 is like 400 on the internet

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5859
Retail? Ebay? Where do you plan to buy?

A W6v2 or an older W6? W6v2 will flat out smoke an SE or an Assassin, but it costs more.

Silver Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 163
in spl will be pretty much the same and the se will win by a little but if he wants only sq the w6 is the one like you said in sq the w6 will smoke those but spl will be the same and the se can win bin spl (no sq) in the proper box

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5860
SE can't touch a W6v2 in SPL. Or SQ for that matter. Unless the W6v2 you heard was very poorly installed. One of them by itself can do 140s in the right vehicle.

An SX, on the other hand, would get louder than a W6v2.

Silver Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 167
cmon man i saw a boy hit 144 with two se 12 with 2400d orion amp

Silver Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 168
but it will pretty same i had those sub but the 13w6 like 5 moths ago

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5861
And I've seen 2 13W6v2s hit over 150 before with a little over 1000W RMS, as well as 2 12W6v2s hit high 140s. What's your point? W6v2 is plain out a more capable subwoofer. More linear excursion, higher mechanical power handling, better suspension system. The price reflects that. The SE is more comparable to a W3v2, inbetween a W3 and W6 in performance overall.

Silver Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 171
well yea dude the w6 yes have a few extras like you said the price reflects that but is not much diferences in spl but in sq the w6 like you said will smoke se and assasinsbut in spl not by much dbs plus the w6 have the w cone that thing make the w get alot of sq and hard to make cone distortion

Silver Member

Post Number: 107
yea i was wondering what the retail of a W6V2 would be?

Silver Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 200
if you want the warranty look a jlaudio website and find a store u will be spending more than 5000 on each sub but if u want internet u can get them for 250 or somenthing at sonicelectronix.com but has no warraty only with sonic i think

Silver Member

Post Number: 108
so there are no internet dealers that have warrenty on them?

Silver Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 205
no u can buy them from sonic or ikesound but the warraty is on them not the factory if is defective u send it to the store not jl audio and they have one 1 on each site is up to you

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 5407
I bought mine on ebay a year and a half ago for $299 and I am still using it in my current system right now. It took a little break for a while for different set-ups to be run but they say you always go back to the best:-) I couldnt be happier. Now a trick with JL is find one of those dealers online and print out the price. Go into your nearest JL dealer and they will come within reason atleast my local shop does. They are a tad over what you will find do to the fact they offer a full warrenty but it is worth it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 109
so sonicelctronix will repair it if its defective?

Silver Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 209
they will change the sub and give u a new one they will repair them only if the dont have more to give

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 5408
you have to look into it if you blow it due to lack of kowledge they most likely will not cover it where JL will.

Silver Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 220
no dude look at jl audio chart if u excede the power and u blow the them the warraty is void is the same with ikesound and sonic

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 5410
I never said anything about exceeding the power!

Silver Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 221
oh ok sorry dude
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us