Optima Yellow Top

Bronze Member
Username: Coreyh6987

J-Town, NC USA

Post Number: 20
I have a problem every once in a while when I leave my car (98 Honda Civic) sitting for 12+ hours then when I go out the next morning to start it, it takes a second for it to start up. Ive checked the wiring on my amp and e/t seems fine. It seems like the battery is weak but not dead. ut my SRS light came on and could that be a problem.

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1498
so you have a yellow top and are having problems cranking your car or are you asking if a yellow top will help??

the Optima yellow top isn't a very strong cranking battery, its a deep cycle, thats meant for use whith the engine off or for strong surges of power. it resists building any kind of memory or being damaged as easily from discharges. it also has less CCA then say the red top, which is a starter battery.

Bronze Member

J-Town, NC USA

Post Number: 21
Yea, I have the yellow top. That is what I thought, so could I just get a regular starting battery and then use the yellow top JUST for the system?? Thanks Alot

Silver Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 569
Sure, but if you sit for any good length of time listenng to your stereo you will need an isolator so it doesn't drain your starting battery. Polo..

Upload

Bronze Member

J-Town, NC USA

Post Number: 22
How much are isolators and where could I get one for a good price? Are they hard to hook up?? Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 824
Just get a second yellow top, then you'll have a very high amount of CCA's. You can do this unisolated.

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2105
"the Optima yellow top isn't a very strong cranking battery, its a deep cycle, thats meant for use whith the engine off or for strong surges of power. it resists building any kind of memory or being damaged as easily from discharges. it also has less CCA then say the red top, which is a starter battery." Brandon

Correct; but a yellow is still far superior to a redtop! it also will start up a truck in any weather!! so I suggest he stick with yellows :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us