Pioneer vs Eclipse

Bronze Member
Username: Slaya

Post Number: 23
Hey, i'm trying to narrow down my search for a head unit. My budget is about $300 MSRP (but I will probably purchase from eBay)

One thing I need for sure is input
I really like the pioneer 6800, it has a lot of features.

Also the eclipse cd3000 caught my eye, around the same price range, though, I noticed it lacks in features besides it's 5v preouts.

Which would be a better choice here?

Also, i'm open to any other head units in the price range aswell..

thanks!

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1502
if you like the 6800, check out the 860. its not an 06 model, but its a premier, 6.5V pre outs, tons of features and like $340 shipped on ebay.

i don't know much about Eclipse units, hear they are really good though. can't say anything about the Eclipse choice your thinking about.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
thanks man, i'm in the process of puting a carputer in my car, so 340$ is really pushing my budget at this moment, so i'm trying to get something 300$~ msrp and then get it for like 200$ on ebay

thanks for your input brandon!

Bronze Member
Username: Coreyh6987

J-Town, NC USA

Post Number: 24
I have used Eclipse HU's and had friends to use them also. IMO I like almost any of the eclipse HU's some may not have as many features as a Pioneer has but it is a much better brand to me. Just see if you can find a local retailer with both HU's and go from there..

Silver Member
Username: Vinnyqh

Portland, OR

Post Number: 193
2006 eclispe units are GARBAGE!! get yourself the primere unit.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
really, thanks for the info

Silver Member
Username: Bananakrill

Vallejo, California

Post Number: 198
2004 Eclipse HUs were also a big pile of steaming crap.

Silver Member
Username: Vinnyqh

Portland, OR

Post Number: 198
2005 models of eclispe are also garbage, but no the 2004

the cd5444 and the cd8454 were superb units

Username: Athenslb57

Post Number: 2
My brother eclipse only lasted about 4 months. He now has the pioneer 6800 and loves it. Get the pioneer, eclipse is junk.

Bronze Member
Username: Nztunez

NelsonNew Zealand

Post Number: 29
You'll see many who say just the opposite...that they have not had any problems at all with Eclipse HU's so it does depend on who you talk to. It would be nice to see estimated defective unit rates from someone who works at a shop that handles all the top designs to be able to make a somewhat unbiased opinion of what brand is most to least reliable.

Generally on forums like these I see good word of mouth for all 4 of the top names...Eclipse, Pioneer, Alpine and Clarion and then it drops off when you get to Kenwood, Panasonic, JVC, Sony etc.

No doubt though it does come down to a bit of luck... even a rock solid HU can crap out in a month and even a POS Sony may last for 5 years if you happen to get lucky.

Silver Member
Username: Mike_anthes

Canton, SD USA

Post Number: 331
well my eclipse cd5423 lasted about 6 months then craped out(bought it off of ebay used though)...i have been without a stereo for quite sometime...thinkin bout getting the deh-p860mp though...

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3550
http://shop.ebay.com/?_nkw=pioneer+head+unit

That is my recommmendation to anyone looking for the best HU's

Username: Jchin2

Post Number: 2
how about the old model 8061,is it good?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
Michael, I just got the 680mp (4v outputs) and wow, I'd recomend this HU to ANYONE, it's pretty damn amazing.. it made a HUGE difference in sound quality, bass output, everything. easy to control and all..

MO, give model number
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us