Post Number: 1495
New system stuff:
Pioneer DEH-P7800MP
Rainbow Profi Vanadium 3 ways
Zapco 750.2
Zapco 350.2
IDMAX 12

Got part 1 of 5 today, lol.

i got the Zapco 750.2 today!! pics below. expecting everything else to arrive around Wednesday. except IDMAX subs are on a "national backorder"....so no one has them....don't know whether to wait or just pick something different. kinda stuck now though since i already bought the amp...

pics, enjoy :-)

Upload
Upload
Upload

amp is 2 feet long!! huge heat sink!! looks nice, got it used for $400 shipped. few minor scratches, nothing major.

Will update as i go along.

Silver Member
Username: Palanza

Post Number: 101
Wow, that thing looks sick :D

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1496
thanks, haven't had a chance to test, but should be ok. looks great, long as hell. i just hate waiting on everything!!

any ideas on what to do with the sub situation?? alternative to the IDMAX?? looking for great SQ, sealed box...

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3304
damn that amp looks awesome brandon. you lucky azz. have you thought about getting the treo ssi's. they are suppose to have excellent sq and get pretty loud. i haven't heard them in person but i will tomorow.

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1497
thanks Chad. haven't heard much about Treo, let me know what you think when you get to listen to them. trying to figure out this sub deal now...

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1525
anyone ever got anything from this site??
http://www.mobilesoundworks.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=470

notice they sell Treo and have a good rating with the BBB. there is a dealer about 40 miles from me, don't know prices, but it'd definally save me some time ordering online, lol.

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1526
or what about Sound Splinter for an SQ sub??

looking at thoes two right now instead of the IDMAX since its backordered...

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 6309
Have u looked into Crystal Comps, great sq

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 768
the SSi and IDmax should be pretty close sq wise...my guess is that the IDmax might be a little better. those are very good prices on the treo stuff however.

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1529
i was looking at the 8's a while back, but just want a single 12 or 15 now. kinda want something that looks nice on the magnet side. i think i'm gonna invert this setup. i'll look into them.

Silver Member

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 770
that zapco amp is a great amp and im sure you will be very pleased with it. im going to look at a used c2k 9.0 on tuesday but im guessing it will still be out of my price range.

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3338
after listening to my treos today i realized that it is an amazing sub. the sq is so awesome. it hits really low for a 12 and the higher frequencies also sound good so they blend in with the rest of the sound in the car. my car just sounds like it is filled with awesome bass. by far its one of the best sounding subs i've heard.

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1530
lol, yeah, they are pricey! i picked this one up for $400 shipped, used.

think i'm just gonna order me a Treo SSI.

what do you think, one 12 or one 15?? sealed.

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1532
well, they don't have 15's on that site...

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3340
they do have 15s. they go all the way up to 18s. if you are only going to have one sub then you should get the 15.

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1533
i meant on that site, they only sell 10's and 12's.

thats what i was thinking though, singe i'm only gonna run 1 sub. that'll be a little more output. i'll be running around tomorrow to some shops. wanna pick up some Symbilink stuff for the Zapco amps and prob pick up a Treo SSI 15 D2. then i'll have everything here or on its way.

Silver Member

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 771
sounds like a great setup.

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1534
thanks Jake, i hope so. just waiting on everything to get here now.

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2079
I also recomend the TREO SSI..

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1535
yay, got me a Treo SSI 15 D2 today. nice little drive to Union City and $375 later, i got piece 2 out of 5.
Pics, Enjoy:
Upload
Upload
^Think i'm gonna mount it that way ^

Gold Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 1097
looks sick man!

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3392
Nice choice brandon. That subwoofer looks really nice inverted and will really match your zapco amp looks wise. Keep me posted on AIM. Good Luck

ID MAX 12 should be shipping somtime this week or so.

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1538
Thanks, can't wait till everything else gets here and its all in!!

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3343
you are going to love that sub brandon. i was bumping some tunes on the way to work with my backseat down and it was getting way too loud in my car. the sq is unbelivable too. i just ordered a 260amp HO Alt today so when i get that installed, i am really going to see what my treos can do.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6899
Damn B & Chad ! - now every 1 is going Treo .....

Upload

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1539
cool cool, been there, done that with the alternator. pain in the a/ss for my car!

btw the recomendations for Sealed are:
1.75 Cubic Feet F3=35HZ and 2.2 Cubic Feet F3=33Hz

anyone know what the F3 means??

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3344
i was wondering about that too. maybe B knows what they mean by F3.

Silver Member
Username: Lewass

Boomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 444
F3 is another of the measurements used with subwoofers, it is a calculation of the point at which frequency response drops below -3 db.

Silver Member
Username: Lewass

Boomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 445
^^^ In a sealed box, that is

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2091
Damn B & Chad ! - now every 1 is going Treo ..... Rovin
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I hope people keep sleepin on these... Wouldnt want it 2 turn into a RE bandwaggon...
Brandon that sub will sound sweet with that amp!

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6927
/0{Well we got 3 sub bandwagons here on ecoustics

1- type R
2- RE
3- recently AA new stuff

Treo might make no4 -lol .........}

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1550
i've kinda noticed all three bandwagons above kinda dying off. idk, maby its just me. got a good mix now.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1158
it seems like the biggest one we have is the AA stuff but brandon really nice sub man hope you love it

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1551
got more stuff!! Speakers and Speaker amp are here! now i'm just waiting on the HU...

Pics, Enjoy :-)
Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3358
sh!t man. brandon you lucky azz your car is going to sound awesome. i envy you man. lol.

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1552
i can't wait to get everything in! taking the kick panels and speakers to get modified and rewraped tomorrow. waiting on the damn Hu to get here... then gotta design the box and amp racks. 10 hour break in period for speakers, well really everything, then hopefully a long time of enjoyment to come :-)

i'll keep everyont updated on the progress as i go along.

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 2104
brandon...what kind of componetns are thsoe?
they look sweet

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1553
Rainbow Profi vanadiums

http://car.rainbow-audio.de/products/details.php?lan=2&pro=1&lin=3&art=231533

Gold Member

Post Number: 2107
how much would a set run me? lol
prolly 300+

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1554
I can't say, but if you were to special order a set from Tweeter/HiFi Buys/Sound Advice, if they can still get them, they would run you about $1200 i think, maby more.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2109
well that counts me out :-)
il just get the Arco component set from AA

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1555
make sure you got the clearance for thoes mids, they are like 3+ inches deep! i've heard tons of people raving about thoes tweeters too. i've never heard them myself though.

i sent you a PM too btw.

Silver Member
Username: Langless28

Post Number: 406
how much is all that running you? $$wise

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1556
for everything, about $2300, rough estimate there.

but so far from everything i've sold, i've made about $1600. and i still got a set of speakers and a 2 channel amp to sell. so after all that, i'll of only spent about $400-$500 out of pocket to change everything from JL Audio, to what you see in the pictures above.

Silver Member

Post Number: 416
how much were the three ways thought they were like 1200?

Silver Member
Username: John_wash

Nashville, Tennessee

Post Number: 177
nice way of handling your money Brandon. Thats Great!

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1165
dman brandon im with chad on that one i envy you lol

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1557
haha, thanks yall. i'm pretty good with money. i try. gonna start designing tomorrow, hopefully get the kicks modified, the tweeter and midrange are a little smaller then the CDT's the kicks were made for. the box is what always kills me. i hate designing boxes and all. hopefully the HU will be in tomorrow too. thats the only piece i don't have. oh, and Symbilink cables, need to get thoes too.

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2099
killer SQ setup!! :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 2113
brandon...did u send me a PM?
i didnt get it some reason, i know i have em turned on.
but yea man i was wanting to talk to ya so hit me up on aim sumtime
eclipsekeen54 , if it dont work the first time then try like every 10 minutes...cause my sis could be on or i be workin out or something else. or u could post ur AIM

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1564
yeah, i sent you a PM. don't totally know how the PH stuff works on this forum, but it went.
my aim sn is theelfkeeper if you wanna IM me.

well, got the kicks, JL speakers and 300/2 out today, dropped the kicks and rainbows off at my buddy's shop so he can modify the kicks. got the 6.5 inchers mounted in the doors (pics below) and am starting on the box now. just keeping everyone updated.

Upload

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1566
Last of my JL Stuff up for sale!!

i have a JL 300/2 and a set of XR653's for sale now. the 300/2 is in perfect condition, small scratch over the power/ground connections from mounting. XR's, everythings perfect about them too but the tweeters are mounted in a set of CDT tweeter trim rings because my kicks were made for thoes and not the XR's. superglued too, lol. i tried to get them out, but dented one of the tweeter grills..grrr.. doesn't touch tweeter, but i can't test...so you might need another set ot tweeters...sorry. they are $100 shipped on ebay.

pics and prices:

Upload
$225 shipped
Upload
$175 Shipped
Upload
Tweeters in CDT Rings
Upload
Sorry for the blurry pic, can't get a good one...

Prices are shipped via USPS Priority Mail with Delivery confirmation and insurance, well packed and to US Lower 48 Only! International will be more but i will ship anywhere.

email or post for more info

ebay for references/feedback
theelfkeeper 173 (213) 100% Positive

Thanks!

Silver Member

Post Number: 428
wait b are you selling those jl xrs i wanted three ways comps so bad. i just dont know how i would install em!

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1567
yeah, they are up for sale. 3 ways are kinda complicated, i had the 6.5 in the door and the 4 and tweet in kick panels. everything real close together so it sounded great. keeping the same setup for the Rainbows too. couldn't tell you how to install them in your car though.

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1568
but honestly, 2 ways can sound just as good, i just like the 3 ways because the 4 inch midrange takes up less space on the floor of my car in the kick panels. i like my foot room, lol. kick panels are great though, i couldn't go back to door mount again, lol.

Silver Member

Post Number: 132
I'll take that jl amp for 180 shipped :-)

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1577
i could do $200, but i kinda gotta see if Jonathan still wants it first. he asked about it a while back when i was selling the 500/1's and 12W6v2's. he just got an Arc, so idk if he'll still need another amp.

Silver Member

Post Number: 133
Alright, well, I'll def think about 200 then.. esp after I get paid :-)

Silver Member

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 786
congrats on the SSi i know you are going to love them. i got to hear 3 different set ups of SSis yesterday and the SQ is pretty much perfect. For the price i dont think they can be beat.

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1580
yeah, can't wait to hear everything. the box is what always kills me, i hate designing and building boxes, lol. still looking around for anything that catches my attention. still waiting on the damn HU too...oh well, it'll all be worth the wait :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 134
Hey brandon, what made you ditch the 300/2 anyhow? Needed more power for your new comps? I have a set of infinity perfects 6.5's. I think they sound half decent :-)

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1581
actually i went down in power in everything a little. 750 for the sub from 1000, 100 per side for the comps from 150. basically, i got rid of all my JL stuff, lol. i'll i've ever ran is JL, good stuff, but wanted to change it all up and go straight SQ pretty much.

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2430
what did you think of the xr653s? tweets, midrange, midbass, clearity, loudness? i think im going to go witht hem eventually. i will mount them all on my door though. custom fiberglass locations and imaging though. your new system is going to be so sweet.

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1582
well, they weren't fitted well in my kicks, i wasn't gonna keep them so i didn't have them modified. so the midrange wasn't perfect. midbass was great, tweeters are nice. not too harsh for a hard dome. liked them a lot better then the set of CDT HD 3 ways i had before. for the money, i don't think you can beat them. they go for around $350 shipped on ebay.

Silver Member
Username: Jron

Post Number: 217
where did you get those rainbows from??

Silver Member

Post Number: 135
My kappas arnt too bad, my problem is I dont have other components anywhere to actually compare them to. Also, this is my first time with seperate tweeters, so I dont know THAT much about them and if I've installed them correctly. (If I put the tweeter to my ear while its on, its a: nowhere near as loud as the midrange and B: it has a background fuzz noise) ... any of that normal?

Silver Member
Username: Jron

Post Number: 219
excellent system by the way, you should be satisfied for quite sometime.

Silver Member

Post Number: 138
I tend to assemble my system, and within 2 weeks want to get more/better lol. Mine is half bad either.. I dont know, I guess I have an addiction with wires haha. My next project is edeading my entire trunk.. woo

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1595
Jerrone - send me an email or message on aim
theelfkeeper@charter.net and theelfkeeper
do note these are extremely high dollar speakers, only message if you are serious about buying some. i don't want to spread the guy's name around. the ones i got are a $1200 or so set MSRP. i got them for much less, but still.

James - so when the volume is totally down, and you put your ear up to the tweeter or midrange, theres a noise?? do you have to put your ear on it to hear it or can you hear it at normal listening position??

Silver Member

Post Number: 139
I have to actually put my ear to the tweeter. Nothen comming out of the midrange. Maby theres some kinda interference in my tweeters?

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1613
if its that low where you have to put your ear on it, its nothing to worry about. basic electrical field kinda deal throughout the car i'd say.

Silver Member

Post Number: 140
I see.. cool cool. Man, I'm tempted to rip out my backseat and like, make my trunk a huge enclosure for my subs LOL

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1614
lol, i've thought about doing that too. don't think i will though.

got my box plans drawn out and some templates made up. hopefully start making box/amp rack soon! Kicks are still at my buddy's shop. Still waiting on the HU...PIONEER, RELEASE THE 7800'S!!!!!!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us