WHICH SUB

Silver Member
Username: Langless28

Post Number: 370
basically two questions, 1. do the older type-r (round surround) have 300 or 500w rms. 2. which sub would be better in sql with 300Watts at 2ohm in a ported box, infinity kappa perfect 12.1d or alpine type-r dual 4 ohm (older model)

Silver Member
Username: Sw9152

Michigan

Post Number: 249
not sure of watts i would think it would be 500 though... get the type r, imo the infinty sounds bad.

Bronze Member
Username: Seth_walker

U.S.A.

Post Number: 22
I agree w/ SW9152. I have two 12.1d's in a sealed box. My brother has one type r in a sealed box. imo the alpine gets louder and sound pretty good doing it. Sure the 12.1d is a bit nicer in the SQ department but if you want SQL, the type r will fit you alot better.

Silver Member

Post Number: 371
if the type-r is 500w rms how would it sound with 300 comming to them. would they be a little underpowered and how would it sound. also i wanted the sub ported.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6872
if i remember right the older R = 400wrms , imo i would never underpower any subs .
Just doesn't make sense like buyimg a new Enzo Ferrari & only going cruise speed with it ...

Silver Member

Post Number: 372
lol perfect analogy so what suggestions would u have for an sql sub that needs 300 watts rms at 2 ohm?

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 2061
U might be able 2 talk 2 chad from ascendantaudio.com and get a custom built asassin, they are single voice coil 4 ohm but he could prolly make a 2 ohm

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2397
i HEARD on the ascendant forum they are going to reproduce assasins as dual voice coil. but like i said... i heard... chad would know for sure though!

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6874
i'd prolly get this
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=12511

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_subs_pages.php?page_id=35

or ideally a better amp so u could more powerful sub/s.....

Silver Member

Post Number: 373
yeah its an xtant a3001 and i love the thing to death and got it real cheap. so i was hoping to find a sub to fit the amp. but how bout that infinity 12.1d in a ported box. (32 hz 1.6 cubes)

Bronze Member
Username: Waterboy2289

Martinez, Georgia USA

Post Number: 74
get a jl audio 12w3v2...it's 300w rms and a very good sql sub

Silver Member

Post Number: 374
hows that 12w3v2 in a ported box?

Silver Member

Post Number: 376
it really sucks that the aa assassin is 4ohm svc. i really want that sub. woulda been perfect if it was 4ohm dvc.

Silver Member

Post Number: 378
is the treo tsi built for sql?

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 503
i would get a pair of Dual 2ohm Elemental Designs Ov.2 or Kv.2's. Ov.2 are the better sub but not sure on the budget you have.

Silver Member
Username: Goatin

U.S.A

Post Number: 619
I have 2 new Alpine 12" R's in my trunk sealed and they sound great I listen to techno, trance, Rave, rap and they hit great on deep notes, dirty kicks, fast hard bass, anything I can throw at them basicly I am actualy thinking of buying a BASS Test CD just to hear how much clarity it has through a very wide bass range but sofar I am very happy Upload!!
BTW: I do have 6.5 V preamps though

Silver Member

Post Number: 380
you can go to realm of excurion and dl test tones and test tone sweeps and some good bass songs to test out your subs
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us