Please Help!!!

Username: Pprash

Post Number: 1
I have corolla 2003 with stock deck guys, i want to hook my subs to it! I have 2 options either get a deck or use that LOC swtich.. obvy LOc switch will be a Cheaper choice for me. My question is that does it worth getting LOC and hookin gup system or Just get a deck. i am kinda broke thats why i am thiking of going with LOC. ALso what difference will there be Running SUbs from stock deck with switch of aftermarket deck. Thank you!

Silver Member
Username: Sw9152

Michigan

Post Number: 246
is the LOC you talking about the same as a line out converter that converts the wires from your "deck" to rca to plug into the amp? also does your amp have a high input?

Silver Member

Michigan

Post Number: 247
sorry, stupid question. but does your amp have a high input?

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 870
" ALso what difference will there be Running SUbs from stock deck with switch of aftermarket deck."

HU's do not have enough power to run subs, stock or aftermarket. Your subs will recieve a clipped signal before you can get the volume you want.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6860
u need an amp - if u want 2 keep it simple buy a good 4 channel amp & power ur stock speakers & a sub off it ....

Post Number: 2
Thnx for ur replies guys... Yes i HAVE an amp and i am know Hu dont have enough power to run subs..i have "alpine mrd-m300 mono amp"
SORRY BUT MAY BE I SHOULD HAVE MENTIONED THIS EARLIER !!!
I have an amp and my concern is that should i keep stock deck or buy after market. IN BOTH CASES i will power the subs with my Amp. The after market deck will have RCA's and since stock doest have any RCA's i will have to buy LOC(line out converter), so i either get a new deck, OR get LOC to get RCA's and yeah I WILL POWER SUBS WITH AMP!

So Quality of aftermarket will be better? IF so HOW much difference. becuase its a decent car and the stock deck is loud, wen i crank it up its loud, at a very high level i sure heard speakers distorting... SO i was thinkign LOC would be a cheaper way for me.. Please suggest me something guys ! Thnx a lot

Post Number: 3
and yea my amp has RCA's

Silver Member

Michigan

Post Number: 255
if your amp has a high input you don't need a LOC because you can run signal wires off the wires going to you rear speakers.

Post Number: 4
how do i find out if i have high input bro?

Post Number: 5
how do i find if my amp has high input bro? its mrd-m300 alpine mono v12

Silver Member

Michigan

Post Number: 257
yes your amp has speaker level inputs, cant find a close up picture of your amp but you prolly have to have the special adapter. do you have a thing that came with your amp that plugs into it with 4 or 5 wires coming out?

Post Number: 6
umm not my friend just gave this amp to me for free. its his old ampUpload
Are those white plugs like 4 squares speaker level inputs?

Post Number: 8
ALso i read it on amp it says speaker leve in puts:D:D:D=) lol:P umm and chays Ch-1 Ch-2 (l) ® soo yeah... bro i have NO clue whats that or that i can do

Silver Member
Username: Fiber

Post Number: 111
I have the same problem I have a 2004 jeep laredo with a bad stock hu but no rca I need help hooking it up badly!

Silver Member
Username: Texas_bass

Houston, TX

Post Number: 311
ther is something that i bought from wall mart that looks like this and with some splicers it converts you highs into rca jacks

http://walmart.scosche-cars.com/products/?sfID1=50&productID=1350&walmartProduct ID=1863065

Post Number: 9
sorry but we cant see that link...
So yeah i mean the does have speaker level in puts wuts next.. plz help me guys

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
well w.e u brought thomas is LOC line output converter...
Quality of aftermarket will be better? IF so HOW much difference. becuase its a decent car and the stock deck is loud, wen i crank it up its loud, at a very high level i sure heard speakers distorting... SO i was thinkign LOC would be a cheaper way for me..I dont know whether i should just buy loc to run rca's to amp of buy whole new deck. + "SW9152" said i have speaker lefel input which mean i woudnt need that? this is even better becuase i wouldnt have to open the the dash to install cuz i can just run that from rear speakres Please suggest me something guys ! Thnx a lot

Silver Member
Username: Texas_bass

Houston, TX

Post Number: 314
I have it on my 03 sanoma right now cause im running a stock unit and have no problems with any of the speakers and im running a bx2005d hifonics amp with a 12" rf and it sounds great the only thing is i have my bass turned all the way down but have it set on my amp

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
1... Why bass all the way down?
2... IF NE ONE CAN TELL ME WHAT IS THAT SPEAKER LEVEL INPUT ON MY AMP IS GOOD FOR?
I DONT WANNA pay and get the deck out to install LOC...
3 AND last HOW DO I RUN AMP with stock Hu.
yes i know i need LOC but any othe ralternates like some one said i can just get signal frmo rear speakers?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us