Help with wiring

Bronze Member
Username: Odin367

Post Number: 30
I am trying to put some led lights in my car and trying to hardwire them to a switch... the leds have a positive wire and a ground... i am wondering if someone could help... on the switch i have a ground, load, and power. Where do all these connect to... can someone please help me?

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1476
i'd assume ground to ground and power to +12V, but not sure about the load. can you give more details on the type of switch it is?? SPST, SPDT, DPST...ect

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
well hmm... considering i don't know what spst, spdt, or dpst mean..... no i can't... but! it says no more than 10A or 20V i think... so would i hook the ground wire from the lights to a ground? or onto the switch (where it says ground on the switch)...?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
bumpittedy bump bumper

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 828
Power - +12v. Ground - ground. Load - Accessories you want to turn on when you flip the switch.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
thank you very much! anyone else have any tips? or... where exactly could i attach the power to?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
so on the lights... i would attach the red wire to the load... and the black to a ground somewhere... right?

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1201
"spst, spdt, or dpst"
single pole single throw
single pole double throw
double pole single throw

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1612
thoes are a couple of the many different types of switches. i'd assume you'd hook the red wire to load, black to ground. run a wire from the fuse box for the power.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
how do i run a wire from the fuse box...? and i did see a fuse that already has a fuse coming out of it that I can buy... should I buy that or can i do it myself??
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us