Speaker level inputs?

Username: Elexpert

Post Number: 1
I just bought an MTX 404 for my 4 6 1/2" Infinity reference series 6002i speakers. The MTX 404 has speaker level inputs on it. My HU is a Pioneer DEH-4500mp. WTH do you plug the speaker level inputs in to?

Bronze Member
Username: Soccer

Post Number: 63
To the speaker outputs of the HU, but you'll get more quality if you use the RCA plugs inputs.

Post Number: 2
well the HU I have only has 4 rca jacks on the back. the 2 rear jacks go to my subs and the other two are unused. That's why I'm trying to figure this stuff out.

Post Number: 3
can I just connect like a 4 rca to 2 rca plug to it? will the sound still come out like its four seperate channels? or what? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Post Number: 5
Also I have 2 Infinity reference series 1232 watt 12's and I was wanting to put 600w through each speaker. know any good amps that can put out 600w x 2 @ 2 ohms?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2569
MTX 404: eror: subwoofer not found.

Post Number: 8
What? The MTX 404 is for my 6 1/2" inch High's. I have a Crossfire VR602 for my subwoofer. Not trying to be mean but focus on the right question

Post Number: 10
MTX 404 isn't a subwoofer its an amp, any HELP OUT THEREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 65
Well I can only try to help you on RCA connections: The 4 male RCA plugs are supposed to be connected to the 4 female RCA plugs on the amp, 4 channels; to connect the sub inputs, I would place 2 "Y adapters" on a pair of them, possibly the rear channels, to feed the sub. I guess you have a five channel amp?

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2578
that was a joke.. 404 error.. page not found? geesh.. for as much time as you people seem to spend on the web, I figured somebody would have gotten that.

no wonder so many people have trouble figuring out which way a fuse goes into a holder!

I'm familiar with the MTX 404 4 channel amplifier.
If you have RCA lines from head unit to amp, forget the speaker level inputs entirely.
those are only for running the amp with a factory stereo with no line level outputs.

did you ever consider reading the goddamned manual maybe?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
I just ordered the god damn amp. SO I DON'T HAVE A MANUAL TO READ YET!!! lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
and Joao Ferreira thanx for the idea I can't believe I didn't think of that simple solution. Damn ME!!! Thx Joao

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2581
haha

go to their site
download it as a PDF
gives ya something to read over while you're waiting for the UPS guy to show up.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Are MTX good amps for HP operation? That's all I'll be using it for is my 6 1/2" Infinity's

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2602
yah MTX makes very good amplifiers. at least on par with Kicker, better than JBL or Cadence, probably not quite as nice as JL or Arc.. upper middle class if you will

Bronze Member

Post Number: 66
Well in this case, a 4 channel amp you should use an active sub, hu? You don't want to overload the amp's outputs, it will blow!!!

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2612
huh?
if you want more low level lines, use an electronic crossover like the Coustic XM3
that takes F/R inputs, and gives you full control of F/R/S outputs

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
what exactly do you mean by active sub?

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2625
he just means use a separate amp for the sub(s) when you add them, so the 4 channel amp isn't trying to do everything.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
Oh yea, I already have a seperate amp for my sub, thx n e ways
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us