Car audio: bass speaker and amp question

Unregistered guest
Guys,

I have a question regarding Automotive Amplifier installations and bass speakers...

I have a spare car and some stereo bits and pieces sitting around after a few years of car juggling. so i have decided to make a weekend project of it.

i have:

1 x Toyota echo with a crappy factory 2 speaker system. [just not on!]
1 x Nakamichi CD-35z CD player [4 x 35w. 4 x standard leads & 2 x RCA jacks]
2 x VDO HSP1321 MaxP:100w [130mm] speakers
2 x Boston Acoustics CX4 MaxP:40w CX4 [100mm] speakers

from memory the VDO speakers are very loud but definitely in the higher sound range, the Bostons are sweet just not too loud. so this is what i want to do:

match the VDO's to some comparable quality bass speakers [not to massive] to balance it out, preferably fit them in the rear of the vehicle through an amp of some kind as i believe the deck is only 4x35w.
i would hook up the Boston speakers to one of the standard channels from the CD Deck. the amp i believe hooks up to the RCA outputs in the back of the deck... is this a good idea or a dumb one?

I would be keen on some recommendations on AMPs and Bass speakers sizes and power and possibly what i might need to install it.

my supplier has a few Blackmaxx AMPs i can get cheap : http://www.wagner.net.au/Catalogue/18_02.pdf

please cc my email on replies :-)

--
/Carmoda
/Email:iamcarmoda[remoremove]@hotmail.com
/Jabber:carmoda@jabber.org
/RLU:296625

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2544
are you in the EU?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »