Need help with amp problem

Username: Squire_for_hire

Post Number: 1
i dont have much know how about installing car audio, but basically, i have an 200w amp that i am trying to install. i got an amp wiring kit, hooked it up how it said, got power going to the amp, and not there is no power for some reason. i tested the voltage between the remote and the ground, and thats 12v. but the voltave between the supply and the ground is only 1.4v. i rechecked all my connections on the supply, and no fuses have blown. any idea what could be going wrong????? thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Soccer

Post Number: 62
I get you connected the supply to + of the battery with an in line fuse?

Post Number: 2
yes. the amp wiring kit had the 30amp inline fuse and all the wiring instuctions. as far as i can tell i have followed the instructions correctly.

Bronze Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 31
I would say its the ground wire. Just because its touching metal doesnt mean its getting a good connection. Wiggle it and see what happens. You may have to sand off the car paint where the wire is touching.

Post Number: 3
i did that the first time. the supply was doin its job and supplying, but the light was kinda dull, so i wiggled the ground wire and cleaned up around it so it was touching bare metal. and then the light was going bright and it was all sweet. im not sure what happened, but now the voltage across the supply and the negative is only 1.4v

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2546
sand down to bare metal and get a solid ground point.
replace the inline fuse to be sure its not blown.
make sure the remote line is connected to turn the amp on.

Bronze Member
Username: Soccer

Post Number: 64
Are those wires nakd on the amp or with a suitable terminal? Also check the inline fuse's connections/terminals
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us