Jensen vm9510ts Parking Brake bypass....

Username: Mattyb777

Post Number: 2
Can anyone tell me EXACTLY how to bypass the ebrake? One wire is supposed to go to the gearbox switch, the other is supposed to go to the parking brake switch. Any info you can give would be great!!

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1728
just ground the parking brake wire...

Username: Mattyb777

Post Number: 3
Thanks for your help! Worked great...not very impressed with the sound quality though...might have to sell this one and upgrade already!

Thanks again!

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1732
ask before you buy the next, try an panasonic, alpine or pioneer.

Username: Jayce2000

Post Number: 3
Grounding the wire will cause damage on the VM9511TS radio.The correct way of doing it is the following:
You cant just ground it this year you actually need a switch to do it...Ground one end of the toggle switch and then the other end of the switch to the pink wire.Put in the DVD,the blue screen will come up telling you you cant watch the movie while driving.Flip the switch UP,DOWN and then back up again and you should be fine..One catch though,when you go to get out of the car,flip the switch back in the DOWN position..

BTW....Pioneer and Alpine dont have near the features or the screen size and the Panasonic is a full year behind in technology...Maybe upgrade your speakers or add an amplifier..Jensen has 5 of the top 10 MM units out on the market so they must be doing something right!!!

Username: Jayce2000

Post Number: 4
I had your message and another backwards with the wiring feature..The one you have is just grounding the pink its the 9511TS that needs the switch..Sorry for the reply...

Username: Mrbelvedr

Fairfax, VA United States

Post Number: 1
I am not an electrical engineer, but there must be a more sophisticated way to do this! Anybody have an idea? I think a simple circuit that simulates chaning phases, (1) off (2) electrical 12 volt on (3) parking brake engaged.

Username: Albatross83

Post Number: 2
I'm thinking of buying the vm9511ts.. it's the only in-dash DVD player I found with an SD slot, TV tuner included, and iPod controls. Hopefully the grounding method will work for bypassing the parking brake.

As for the sound quality, I haven't found a local retailer who sells the unit, so I haven't been able to listen to it firsthand. Is the audio quality really that bad? Wouldn't using the RCA outs into a decent amp mitigate any shortcomings of the internal amplifier?

Silver Member
Username: Makmillion

MN United States

Post Number: 974
Jensen is an Audiovox product, and they use Audiovox screens which happen to have AMAZING clarity but sluggish refresh rates. The Pioneers, Alpines and Panasoincs all use Panasonic screens which aren't as clear as the Jensen/Dual/Audiovox screens but the refresh rate is alot better :-)

If you choose to go with a Jensen/Dual/Audiovox unit, know that you will need to use an external EQ to get optimal sound, as well as making sure the external EQ has a nice line driver built in.. clarion makes a nice EQ with 7 volt preouts, 6 band graphic EQ with a 1 band parametric sub EQ built in... so 7 band total.

Anyways, just a little advice.

Username: Dchap

Pittsford, New York USA

Post Number: 5
There is a module on e-bay for sale that electrically does the switch flipping for you. I little expensive but I didn't feel like spending the time designing one. It works perfect.

For those that are electrically inclined a small circuit could be built using a 555 timer IC. I could design it, but like I said, it was easier and faster to just buy one.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us