I got muh ford pinto!!! (off topic)

Silver Member
Username: Ironslave

Offutt AFB, Nebraska U.S.A.

Post Number: 350
WOOhoo i got it i got my Jeep grand cherokee

took some major work but i got it!!!

Yeah baby yeah!!!!! my shift key is getting flaky.....

Upload

Silver Member
Username: Jprix82

Post Number: 439
"I got muh ford pinto!!! (off topic)"
^^LMAO Thats one nice looking pinto LOL Im glad you got it man good job :-)

Silver Member
Username: Pelona

Alabama

Post Number: 978
wheres the pinto? now im sad:-(.........

Silver Member

Post Number: 351
Here heres a ford pinto

77Pinto.jpg

Silver Member

Post Number: 352
didnt they do a ford pinto on plmp my ride at one point?

Silver Member
Username: Nemen

Post Number: 644
nope it was a chevelle

Silver Member

Post Number: 645
i think the background makes youre jeep look even better lol looks like a nice neighboorhood

Silver Member

Alabama

Post Number: 981
isnt the pinto like the worst car ever made in history?

Silver Member

Post Number: 647
no i think the yugo is it more smaller than that green one kinda like the Mr. bean car.

Silver Member

Alabama

Post Number: 982
isnt the pinto like the worst car ever made in history?

Silver Member

Alabama

Post Number: 983
those are the kind of houses i live by! hell nah it aint safe there nemen!

Username: Risky

Post Number: 6
Those jeeps are good cars my friend had that exact same one and he put 200,000 miles on it before the transmission started slipping and it was totalled but he just traded it in and bought a Dodge Charger recently.

Silver Member

Alabama

Post Number: 986
my uncle put like 260,000 on his eighty sumthin toyota pickup..........drivivng it everyday with the lawnmowers in the back. and it finnaly just got too worn out

Bronze Member
Username: Extremesound1

Coventry, RI United states

Post Number: 62
DATE SAYS JUNE 29 2005

Silver Member

Alabama

Post Number: 995
so............

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2335
theres nice grass in nebraska lol. and whats behind those houses? lol no trees no mountains no nohtin lol.

Gold Member

Alabama

Post Number: 1013
shiit.......my uncle and me have the greenest yards youve ever seen. nonbody can cut grass like us mexicans

Silver Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 623
lol. yea, its the only thing you are good for besides making delicious burritos. lol. just kiddin freddy

Gold Member

Alabama

Post Number: 1019
we can also f%ck and have babies like no other. lol

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5820
The Pinto was actually a pretty reliable car, and takes more flack than it really deserved. Think about it, the 2.0L and 2.3L "Pinto engines" (metric engines) are the same basic engines that powered 4 cylinder Rangers up until the Duratec came in 2001, and I've seen tons of those Rangers clicking off over 300,000 miles without major problems. The Chevy Vega was by FAR the worst car of that era. You'd be lucky to have the car paid off by the time that motor died, seriously if you got 50,000 miles out of that car you were LUCKY, that engine design was terrible. All the cars back then were equally unsafe, Pinto just got more focus because there were so many more Pintos sold than the Japanese competitors.

Silver Member

Post Number: 652
well the pinto gets a bad reputation cause it looks ugly lol i never drove one. the only person i seen drive one was Mr. bean i dont even know if that was a yugo lol

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5823
Sure, it was ugly, but so was the competition. The Vega, the Grimlin, the Corolla, none were what you'd consider eye candy :-).

Silver Member

Post Number: 657
lol the grimlin i remember that lol yeah cars were bad back then.

Silver Member
Username: Tafkam

Texas

Post Number: 265
You know what, with all of the "retro" kind of movies coming out in the last few years; Brady Bunch Dukes of Hazzard, Bewitched, etc. the Ford Motor Company has decided to come out with the new "2008 Pinto" which will include a non exploding gas tank, better brakes (some) and a high definition 8 track player!

General Motors, not to be one upped, is releasing the "Chevette SS" which includes a spoiler, 59 mph speedometer as well as a roll bar.

Dodge did not comment on the future release of the Colt, other than to say they are still looking for a "really shi*ty engine that makes a lot of noise".

WOW it must be exiting in Detroit!!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Buckshot

Post Number: 120
i have an 81 corolla tercel and it just now took a sh1t on me at around 280,000 miles (transmission needs work) but i gave it hell as long as i got it (took it offroad in trails on mud all of it it went through) i also drifted it everywhere (i like to scare people i turned it sideways going around 60 and jumped the shoulder of the dirtroad:-))

Username: Doylee

Post Number: 3
i have a 96 nissan sentra!it wasnt that reliable at first but now its up to 230,000 and it runs great!anyone wanna buy it!lol

Silver Member
Username: Lewass

Boomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 330
Trevor I noticed that too! Nebraska looks tight! Plus my favorite band is from Omaha.

And actually Tafkam, I have seen and driven more exotic cars by age 22 than you guys ever will!
(I used to valet before, so I got to drive allll kinds of shiet) If you like cars, michigan is the place to be. I see so many Bentley's I don't even turn my head to look at them anymore. I've seen Rip Hamilton in his pimped out S600 with 22's, I've seen Chauncey Billups twice, we actually both saw the same movie and were walking out to the parking lot at the same time, then I sat next to his table at Benihana's like 2 months later.

Oh and last night I went down to detroit to swoop some herb, and it was the bomb! We get GREAT herb here. And we cruised around the streets of detroit blazin an L, bumping like it was going out of style, with NO fear about the police busting us. (They don't worry about white kids in Detroit :-) )

So yea, Detroit is tight! You saw the city during the super bowl, bet ya it was nicer than you thought it was, wasn't it!

Silver Member

Post Number: 353
man pinto got flack cause someones pinto got rear ended and exploded.... tanks in back... :-/

Oh well though right.

yea nebraska is awsome in the spring time.. Ugly in the winter.... the grass gets SOOOOOO green

Silver Member
Username: Camaro823

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 299
Yea the pinto also known as the "exploding car" was the car that had the gas tank right under the bumper, you could actually see the tank hangind down and of course when someone rammed it, any sparks would cause a big problem. When Ford did their investigation in a "secret memo" to find out what their cost would be for customer compalints on this problem, it was estimated at over 100 million in liability damages. They of course igonored this and kept that memo hidden till the first exploding car accident happened. The memo got out and what was the victim awarded ? over 100 million in damages.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5835
That was the main one. They decided the insurance costs would be cheaper than upgrading the rear of the car, which was true.

EVERY car of that time had a drop in gas tank, though, it wasn't that the Pinto was the only car that suffered from it, but because it could have been made better and wasn't. Pinto had no more deaths than any other car would have at the time, out of over 2 million cars sold, there were like 27 deaths. While you hate to see any death occur, it's inevitable.

Mustangs, Camaros, Challengers, and other cars of the 60s were the EXACT same way. Why don't they take flack? Because people wanted the cars and were willing to overlook it.

Silver Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 300
Your right, but the older camaros, mustangs, challengers were moving walls. They were a lot safer overall then the Pinto.

I see where your coming from and wondering why the pinto takes all the heat; I'm just saying there was a reason they were taken off the market and the above mentioned cars weren't (well at least not right away) The pinto just wasn't a sensible car. Ford put no effort into their prevention costs and decided to rely on their external failure costs to be much less than insurance costs and they were wrong. If your gonna build a car with a tank in that position, build a better car.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5836
I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm content with the fact that all cars from that era saw an end to production.

We kinda stole the thread, though.

Jeep looks nice, James. :-)

Gold Member

Alabama

Post Number: 1031
ya thats a nice jeep james. nice lawn too if it yours. unless u just went to the good part of town to take the picture.

Upload
Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 662
Pelon that was just sick lol. And how do you make youre grass greener trow some cow manuere on it lol.

Silver Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 301
I wasn't trying to start an argument John, I just learned about the pinto and its life cycle cost accounting course, and jsut thought I would share the info.

Congrats on the Jeep, did you end up getting that loan after all ?

Silver Member
Username: Jbump

Nebraska City, Nebraska USA

Post Number: 197
Yeah james, i know what your talkin about.. 2 of my uncles live up by AFB, they say you can hear em in the morning counting off jumping jacks and sh!t.. grass is green and so is the cheeeeebah.. good dark soil here in Neb.

Gold Member

Alabama

Post Number: 1034
most of u crackers dont know how to get ur grass green. every house my unlcle has its the only green one and the rest are all yellow. everybody thinks that it will it get green with just water. and no it doesnt. and wen they try to fertilize it they put to much and kill the grass. alto of people use that machine that puts holes in the ground to give the soil oxygen. but this doesnt work and it leaves your yard looking like a bunch of rabbit sh!t and its to much work.

so to get your grass green all u need is to water it regularly in the morning like at midnight and fertilize a good amount once a month. fertilize twice a month in the winter time becuz of the cold. but dont water the day the beaners come to mow the lawn cuz then it leaves a big mess on the cement and its too wet and hard to cut the grass.

Gold Member

Alabama

Post Number: 1035
and by beaners i mean.............
Upload
Upload

or even i could mow your lawn. just hit me up...........
Upload

Silver Member

Texas

Post Number: 281

quote:

most of u crackers dont know how to get ur grass green

Is that a racial statement? I am proud and White and don't apprecite being called otherwise and it has NO place on this forum.

Silver Member

Texas

Post Number: 283
Huh, I guess from reviewing this that is a racial statement. It has no place here.

Neither does this: We should stop the Mexicans from crossing our borders like the rats that they are, they have no place here. Period. Let's stop deporting the spics and jail them. Permanantely, no freedom, or just plain shoot the brown tide coming accross our boarders.

Screw em I say the only thing they ever did for my country was shi**ty lawn care and burrito stands.

I can do without both.

Fu*ckin beaner wetback pile of Sh*t.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us