How to connect speakers to amp?

Bronze Member
Username: Highstone

Post Number: 46
hi.. how do i connect my 4 speakers to a 4 channel amp.? do i disconnect old speaker wire and take new speaker wire and install it from each speaker to the amplifier.. OR do i take new wire and attach it to the Head Unit harness to the individual speaker wire?

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1442
disconnect the old wires, you can leave them in place so if you ever decide to sell, all the factory wires will still be there, and run new wires from the crossovers/amp/HU to the speakers.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
ok.. i'm planning to run the power cable for the amp on the driver's side and the RCA on the passenger side.. i was wondering is it ok to run the driver side speaker wire with the power cable of amp? will it give off any noise... or is ther another way?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6787
run ur power cable on 1 side of the transmission tunnel & rcas on the opposite side then run ur speaker wires along the opposing sides of the flooring - thats how i do mine & i get absolutely no noise ....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 54
ok .. another problem.. how do i connect the speakers in the door panel to amplifier? the only thing that is comming in from the door is a 2 inch wire.. which i guess has multiple wires in it for the window and door locks etc.. how do i connect the speaker wire to the speakers in the door front door panels and bring it inside the car so i could run them under the carpet?

Silver Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 627
rovin, what do you mean transmission tunnel? never heard of that before.. and run ur speaker wires along the opposing sides of the flooring??
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us