Pick a good amp off of my list.

Bronze Member
Username: Rmzracer

Bentonville, Arkansas USA

Post Number: 94
I got two 4ohmDVC alpine type r's these are the amps im looking at.

Phoenix Gold 15.0.1
Mb Quart RAA1000
Hifonics 1500d

Im leaning towards the Mb quart or Phoenix but im not sure if the Phoenix has enough power i really can't find a good rms reading. HELP!!

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1441
all the ratings for the PG ams are Max, even from the web site. so that sucks, shouldn't ever go by max ratings.

do know the Hifonics puts out about 70% of its rating from what i've read.

never heard any complaints about the MB Quart. looks like a great amp. out of thoes, i'd pick the Quart. i don't know if its 1 ohm stable though. better make sure.

Silver Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 609
the pheonix gold amp is

700 x 1 @ 4 ohm
1500x 1 @ 2 ohms

since you have two 4 hom subs, you can wire those only to 1 ohm or 4 ohm. so if you were to go with that amp you would only be gettin 700 watts @ 2 ohms

The MB Quart RAA1000 Reference Series 4 Channel 1000 Watt Mono Amplifier: this is a 4 channel amp for hooking 4 speakers or 2 speakers and a sub, so i would pick a mono-channel or 2-channel amp.

The hifonics amp i think would be the best one there because it puts out 1500 (1348) watts @ 1 ohm. so you would wire your subs to one ohn and get around 620 watts to each sub

Silver Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 610
it says the mb quart is a mono amplifier, but it is a 4-channel amplifier. hmm..

i would still go with the hifonics, i know for a fact is puts out 1348 watts because i know alot of people who benched it. most hifonics amps are 70-80% overrated, but the 1500d isnt that much.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 95
actually the MB is a mono amp.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 96
it is a mono block and has two speaker inputs.

Silver Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 612
"The MB Quart RAA1000 Reference Series 4 Channel 1000 Watt Mono Amplifier puts power behind your car stereo system for outstanding sound quality from your speakers. With 4 channels, you can control the flow for optimal power levels to 4 speakers, or 2 speakers and a sub. These new units are perfectly matched to the MB Quart loudspeaker systems, and are equipped with a range of special features that make them the best in their class."

Silver Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 613
you can get whatever you want but thats just what i found on their websight. i havent heard of a 4-channel mono amp before but as long as it puts around 1500 watts @ 4 or 1 ohm. you'll be fine

Bronze Member

Post Number: 97
http://www.ikesound.com/product-product_id/4139

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=14965

these are the sites i am looking at.
So lets say it has two inputs. If i wire both of my subs @ 2ohms and use each input that will present a 1ohm load correct?

Silver Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 616
you cant wire 2 4 ohm subs to 2 ohm. 2 4 ohm subs to 1 and 4 ohms. and 2 2 ohm subs to .5, 2 and 8 ohms

Bronze Member

Post Number: 98
i can wire them seperatly to get a 2ohm load apiece. ;)

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6786
{Hey - lemme enlighten u guys cause i have the very same subs & MB AMP !

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/189456.html

do read what i said about using a bigger amp almost 2 the end of my thread .

My advice DO NOT BUY that MB Amp ! - its really a gr8 amp 4 maybe a pair of 400wrms subs but the least amp i would rec is a kicker 1200 or orion 1200 D . I'd even go high as a PPI DCX1500 amp if u have the $ ........}

Bronze Member

Post Number: 100
hey rovin to late pimpn i bought it. I didnt have much more than 200 to spend and it was looking primo since ikesound doesnt have the 1200d. But how did you have yours hooked up? Did you have them bridged or wired seperatly?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6789
with a 200 budget u could prolly get a Hifonics bx1500d on ebay - cant u cancel ur order ?

gr8 MB amp like i said but Rs can handle more

as u can see in my install i built 2 separate boxes & tuned to around 35hz so yes 2 separate wires
u need 2 wire each sub lie thia onto each + & - terminal on ur amp
Upload
which would result into a 1ohm load ......

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 241
MB quart, good deal, hifonics 1500d, better deal

Silver Member

Post Number: 101
well the mb was 226 shipped. And ive tried to get two hifoincs 1500d's and both of them were out of stock. The ones i found on ebay were about 270 shipped so that was outa the question. I wanted thr orion 1200d but ikesound is out so the mb will do.

Silver Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 622
there is other places you could have gotten it. there are tons of site's out their. the 1500d, like i said at the beginnin of this thread, would be the best choice.

you know how to wire that joey? just asking because alot of poeple mess up on the wiring so make sure you got everything understood and down. like, you run two speaker wires from one vc to the other vc. it doesnt have to connect the amp. it just completes the circuit. this is the questions that get asked alot on this site...

Silver Member

Post Number: 102
dude this aint my first rodeo. but thanks for checking. yeh i know what to do. i was going to wire them parallel parallel and bridge them but i guess i'll just wire each in parallel so i use both inputs. But on the 1500d i tried ebay twice both times had to get my money back cuz it was out of stock. Then i tried onlinecarstereo.com both the 1500d and the 1600d were out of stock. so i gave up

Silver Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 629
yea, i would keep cheking though.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us