Amp Suggestions

Username: Northomaha

Post Number: 1
I have two 12" Audiobahn ALUM12N subwoofers. I now know that Audiobahn's flashy looks do not reflect the performance. But I do not have the money to blow on JLs or MTXs so I need to make due with the subs I have. I currently have them wired at 6 ohms to a two channel 800 watt max amp which delivers 200 watts RMS x2. I want an amp that will max these subs out at their 1000 RMS. I need the cheapest amp that will do this because I am an unemployed teenager. I am not worried about SQ, I am looking purely for SPL. Here are the specs on my subs.

3" 6 ohm Dual Voice Coils
1000 Watts RMS
2000 Watts Max
Frequency Response: 18Hz-500Hz

Thats about all I know.

Any help would be great thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6788
if those r 6ohms dvc subs then it makes it very difficult 2 find u amp especially on cheap & i must tell u now it will not be cheap

Phoenix gold xenon 1200.1 - u need 2 of these

If u can't afford i'd suggests u sell em both & buy 2 other subs instead that will require a cheaper amp...

Gold Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 1041
^^agreed......DVC 6ohm subs is very weird to work with

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2496
orion 2500d

it will give you 2000w+ at 1.5ohm. (wire the subs in parrallel)

Post Number: 2
If I was to sell my subs, what sub and amp combination would you reccomend for the maximum SPL? Relativley cheap but acceptable quality.

Thanks for the help.

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2497
or a Viper 2500.1, it is rated for 2500w @2ohms...but 1.5ohm isnt all that far from 2ohm is reality. (w/ the reactive load of the subs, the amp will hardly ever see anywhere near 1.5ohm anyways.)

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2498
are you looking for a daily driving SPL setup...or an SPL competition (one note wonder) system?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6790
that amp marshall suggested could do the trick

if u still want 2 sell i'd prolly these
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=16855

or a pair of sx www.reaudio.com or cheaper 2 SE

Do note that such powerfull subs will require u to also upgrade ur electrical system in order 2 supply needed current demand......

Post Number: 3
I'm looking for more of an SPL daily driver setup. I dont have the money for competition equipment. Im kind of fond of the Treo SSIs. Do you think they are a good value or not. And if not what kind of subs are a better choice.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us