Focal question?

Bronze Member
Username: Hambone35

Post Number: 16
Focal Good bad ugly awsome what thinking utop 7 but i am looking for something with lots of mid range any sugestions

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5811
You talking about the Bes? Great, but not worth the money spent IMO.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
what would suggest as an alternative

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5813
With that kind of budget, Rainbow Platinums are excellent. The SEAS Lotus comps are extremely nice for the money.

What kind of sound are you looking for? Neutral and balanced, more ballsy, warmer? Give me an idea and I'll recommend something.

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 723
arnt the new utopia 3 ways like $4000 or something crazy like that?

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Post Number: 2282
reviews for the set were poor relative to the msrp.

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1446
Jonathan is the speaker man, he'll steer you in the right direction

Jonathan, i don't know if you saw my post, but i got a set of Rainbow Profi Vanadium 3 ways comming(new versions, not the 2002 ones from Speedsound). gonna power them with a Zapco REF 350.2. and run them with an IDMAX 12 sealed powered by a Zapco 750.2. what do you think??

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5815
"Jonathan, i don't know if you saw my post, but i got a set of Rainbow Profi Vanadium 3 ways comming(new versions, not the 2002 ones from Speedsound). gonna power them with a Zapco REF 350.2. and run them with an IDMAX 12 sealed powered by a Zapco 750.2. what do you think??"

That's a sweet system. You should be extremely happy with it.

As far as the Focal, yes, I think it's way short on value. Note I'm not a huge Focal fan.

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1451
thanks Jonathan, i really hope i enjoy this set up. i think its gonna be great, and for the prices, lol, it better be. nah, actually not too expencive. trying to design a box and amp racks and such for my trunk now...will definally post pictures as i go along and say what i think.

thanks for your help Jonathan.

and MIKE, good luck with your speaker decisions. check out the Rainbows.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
for jonathan...well i listen to more rock then anything so i am thinking i need more mid range then someone who listens to say rap or techno but i also want some versatillity but i am think ing i might get that with a good EQ and Crossover for my subs, but i dont really know a whole lot about the EQ crossover world and whats good and what needed etc. i also maybe should add that my new system is being set up for a 94 mazda RX-7 so i have a small cockpit so to speak budget wise i am lookin higher end for sure this is a show car so... other thing would 3way or 2 way be better for my needs?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us