My speakers seem to be cutting out in the cold! Help!

Username: Kabnt2005

North Tonawanda, NY United States

Post Number: 2
Ok, so I have Alpine SPX-177R 6.5" component speakers in the front and they seem to be cutting in and out a lot in the cold. Also, when they cut in and out, there is a crackling sound that is really bad. Any suggestions?

Bronze Member
Username: Mrmikelazott

Independence, Oregon

Post Number: 89
how do you like them besides that? im thinking about getting me a pair

Post Number: 3
Oh, I love them. It's just when they cut out. The sound quality is amazing. I also have subs in my trunk. If you want more details, let me know.

Bronze Member

Independence, Oregon

Post Number: 90
yeah, hows the bass, mid-bass? have you heard them to the type r's? how much power you giving them? wheres you buy em? how much?

Post Number: 4
The lows to mids are really good. I went with 2 SWR-1022D 10" subwoofers. It's a solid, good-sounding bass. The lows are really strong too, like even if I have country on and either of my parents are in the back, they still ask me to turn the bass down because it's still there lol. I have 2 MRP-M350 class D mono amps, each one supplying power to a subwoofer and 1 MRV-F340 4 channel amp supplying power to my 4 speakers. I have the SPX-177R 6.5" component speakers in the front and SPR-17LP 6.5" coaxial speakers in the back. Power-wise, I am not totally sure how much I have going to each sub. I bought everything through a local retailer, Stereo Advantage. They have their own installation bays and they put everything in for me. Any other questions? Want to see any pictures?

Bronze Member

Independence, Oregon

Post Number: 91
yeah, you got any? if you want, post them here, or you can send them to me mrmikelazott@yahoo.com . what kind of music do you listen to? like you said country, but what else do you listen to. i listen to country, rock, rap. how do those type r coaxials sound. i have 6x9 in the rear, but if you say those have decent bass for rear fill, then i might buy those. thanks again for all your info.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us