"Audio BUS In" adapter for sony...

Username: Jmtk2001

Post Number: 1
I have a sony cdx-ca650x installed in my vw jetta. i just got a new mp3 player, and wanted to be able to play it through the cd player. the rear of the unit only has an Audio BUS input. Looks like for a pair of RCA cables. I figured that if this were an aux input, i could feed a set of rca cables with a 1/8" end to my headphone jack on the mp3 player. Is there an adapter for the sony cdx that can convert that "audio bus in" to an "aux in". I know pioneer has one, but that is a stupid 8pin connector. Please help me out. Thanks.

Username: Robert_xr4x4

Berskshire England

Thats exactly what I want to know as well! I have the rca cable to headphone jack and I got a cd changed lead to see if that would fool the unit but it didn't :-(

Unregistered guest
Sony Makes an XA 300 I think is the number. It hooks between the head unit and the changer and gives you one or two sets of AuX in RCA jacks. It works great. Cost is about $90, but it is a direct connect so you don't lose quality.

Username: Tikiman7

Post Number: 2
Sorry to thread jack, but I have a Sony head unit with aux in rca jacks. Tried hooking up my pocket pc to play mp3's - no joy. I also have an Alpine M Bus cd changer. Is there an adapter I can use for either device?

Unregistered guest
The thing is that: Any Sony unit is a device hooked up on Unilink data bus. Those include CD/MD-Changers, AUX-In's as well as various components of HU, like display/keys, tuner, etc. Every thing has to be initialised, and must talk to bus-master within HU. The same applies to the AUX-In module. It is simple box with stright audio wires (or some electronic selector, if more than one input) within it + AN ELECTRONIC CHIP telling your HU - "Hey, I'm here". Without it your HU simply doesn't know there's something hooked up on its AUDIO BUS IN. If you're qualified enough DIYer, theroretically there's possibility to simulate that box. See: http://www.cus.org.uk/~cleggy/

Username: Tikiman7

Grand Cayman

Post Number: 4
Unfortunately, my CDX-C5850 does not have unilink but it does have CD/MD changer control. There is only an RCA aux-in, no unilink port. So I suppose if I could find out the protocol used perhaps someone has devised an adapter similar to cleggy. Or, I could stop being a cheap b_stard and buy a new head unit : )

mezza
Unregistered guest
I have an old sony changer using unilink + rca. I have added an rca splitter/switch and now have rcas coming from both the changer (in boot) and my mp3 player. When I want to play mp3 I press the source switch on the splitter and the head unit 'thinks' it is playing the changer but it is playing the output from the mp3

Anonymous

Which kind of RCA switch/splitter did you use ?

Can you post some links (very helpfull for me) ?

Username: Painkiller

I also have Sony CDX-C570R (quite the same as cdx-5850). It also has separate audio bus in (RCA) and MD/CD control bus in. If only someone could figure what signal to feed into the control bus in, so that the device would think that there is an MD or CD changer connected and then it would enable that audio bus in. Anybody have a clue?

Unregistered guest
The control bus uses the UniLink protocol which undertakes a handshake and subsequent biderectional control with the changer, unfortuntaly there is no easy way to simulate this. As Nufis has already indicated the easiest way currently is to build some fairly basic hardware as described at http://www.cus.org.uk/~cleggy/
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us