JL Vs CDT

Silver Member
Username: Ruthless06

C-ville, Va USA

Post Number: 116
Right now I have JL Audio ZR525Csi's They are mounted in stock locations. With a 300/4 pushing them. They sound simply amazing, but not enough midbass, and you have to really turn the deck up for them to mate with the sub I have now.

When I get my xxx in i have a bad feeling that they won't be loud enough to keep up. So I was wondering if anyone has heard those, compared to the CDT Audio ES-620/07. Louder? Noticably?

What about the CDT Audio HD 62's or the 642's What is the difference in the 3 way and the 2 way.

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 481
Your HD-62 is a simple 2way component setup. It has the HD-6 woofer and the DRT-25 tweeter. Your HD-642 has the HD-6 woofer, the 4in midrange woofer and the drt-25. The 3way can offer more potential but needs some custom install and proper imaging. I'm using a 3way setup in my demo. Your HD-62 or if you wanted a simle install the HD-63 braxial mounted tweeters will do well and offer good SQ.

I've only listened to the JL's on a sound wall and thought they were impressive. Its hard to tell until you get them in your car. Since I'm a dealer for CDT i've had alot of time with the ES(which I use now). Quite good, the ES07 are very nice too and can get very loud. If interested email me at sales@alteraudiousa.com

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3371
The CDT 62's with the DRT 26SAT set will do the trick. Offers you 3 differant tweeters.

This is the setup im having installed right now as we speak. Im using the 480 crossover and DRT-26 silk aluminum and titanium tweeters.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5810
Work on deadening your doors as best you can. That's the only way you'll get good midbass out of any component system. Mount the midbass on an MDF or Plywood ring.

Those ZRs will provide good midbass output if you do this, as will many other components. CDTs won't really be an upgrade or a downgrade in that regard, you just need to focus on getting the most out of what you currently have.

Of course, it wouldn't hurt to get ZR-650s either if you want improved midbass performance.

Silver Member

C-ville, Va USA

Post Number: 117
Yeah Jonathan I have 3 layers of eDead v1se on the inside wall of the door like on the other side of the window itself. I have the corners sealed with a spray foam, and edead v3 done on the inside before the panel goes on. They have good midbass, but not enough, like you said the 650s wouldn't hurt. But I want something that will get loud, like I said I love them but I want something that gets louder overall.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5814
How much power are you running?

Second, I'd say your application definately needs a bigger midbass.

What kind of car?

In the price range, I find it HARD to beat the SEAS Lotus comps, the midbass output is stellar in smaller doors, not as good in larger doors. They stay really clean at high volumes as well, midbass driver dumaxed over 10mm one way :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Akula_class

Post Number: 33
I replied in your other thread but here is my reply again........

I personally enjoy cDT's for my comps/midbass over JL. And I have a 12w7 with a 1000/1 and 450/4. But for my comps I went with eD 6500's (based off cDT's HD line) up front and cDT ef-61's in the rear. The main difference between the ES and ZR will be the X-over. And most reviews tend to hold the ES X-over in very high regard. If you were to upgrade the ES line would be a better bet. Though rms is relative. The rms for the ZR's is 85 while the rms for the ES's is 180.

Silver Member

C-ville, Va USA

Post Number: 118
I am running a jl 300/4 bi-amped, tweets on channels 1+2 with hipass and freq @ 4000hz. and the woofers on channels 3+4 no pass on it, and frequency at 100hz.

1996 Chevy Lumina, the door is pretty beefy as far as internal airspace goes.

Silver Member

C-ville, Va USA

Post Number: 119
and 10mm is very nice for a smaller woofer lol

Silver Member

C-ville, Va USA

Post Number: 121
and whenever i get everything straight as far as what i want i plan on fiber glassing the door anyways.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us