Which is better

Bronze Member
Username: Cadillacstyle0

Post Number: 15
is the fosgate rfx-9120g as good or better than the rfx-9020 the per outs are 2.3 volts is this good or would i really need 5 volt preouts

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2472
if you plan to use amplifiers, you want the pre-outs to be at least 4 volt.
this improves the signal resolution and helps keep a clean signal to the amplifiers.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2473
remember, the higher the voltage (more signal) the lower, generally speaking, your signal to noise (s/n) ratio is going to be. That's a good thing.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
ok i will keep that in mind thanx again , by the way is there anything that you dont know about this stuff lol thanx again

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2476
not much.
most of it's just experience.
the MECP certifications just show on paper, and the EE helps for the electrical side which has a lot to do with most of this stuff.
It's just a matter of application.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
glasswolf im not sure which forum this shoud go under oh well here goes--the dynamat--what does it cost - whare can i get it - how hard is the install- ive got a 1992 cadillac sedan deville--where should i put it besides dash and trunk --thanx

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
im not out to annoy the people at the stoplights either and i dont want my tires slit lol--

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2485
hahaha

look on ebay or fatmat.com
there are a lot of less expensive alternative companies making the same stuff and its no worse or better from other companies.

you want to, ideally, mat everything. that involves taking out the head liner, seats, floor carpeting, trunk lining, etc.. then covering all metal surfaces with damping mat inside the car..
then putting it all back in.
this is a good weekend long project for sure.
you want to do door panels as well.
the matt varies in cost. cheapest is about $70-130 for 200sq ft if I recall.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
thanx for the info--with your knowledge and my money i might just get the system im wanting
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us