I just cant get it to work.......plz help....

Username: Icex48x

Post Number: 7
Ive installed my headunit and amp/speakers myself... done this bout 3 other times in differnt cars.. but this time ive ran into a big problem i cant seem to find a answer for it no where...my car is a 1996 VW jetta.. i bought a panasonic cq-c1401u headunit..i got that to work fine.. but i did something wrong somewhere and cant find out where or what i did wrong.i followed all the instructions right.. few differnt things with this one though.. this car didnt have a amp remote or power anntenna wire..there was no amp ground wire in my harness kit like the diagram said.. but heres what my amp does.... when i turn on my radio the amp cuts on for half a second then cuts back off but when i turn it to cd player it doesnt cut on at all so i switch back to radio and it cuts on for half a second and cuts off agian..... i took the amp down to local shop to be tested it works fine... i dont have 250$ to have them install it and they are not gonna tell me what i did wrong.. so if anyone here has any ideas on what i might have done wrong plz share.... also my cd player has 4 diff places for RCA's to go... and that confused me and dont know witch one to do....... sorry this is soo long but ive been messing with this for about a month... i would love to go hand someone 250$ and be done with it but i just cant... plz help
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us