Pioneer DEH-P6800MP, something better?

Bronze Member
Username: Slaya

Post Number: 20
Hey, i've picked out this head unit. I like the features and everything seems to be nice.

Do you recommend I spend more on the premier version?

I'm wondering weather there is somethign better in this price range?

I really want to spend more money on the head unit, and unless you guys think I should, i'll settle for this.

I'm going to be upgrading everything in my system, and to give you an idea, I will be getting CDT EF-61 6.5" components, or something equivalent.

Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1434
that model is one of the new 2006 models comming out. i'm currently waiting on the one above it, the 7800 model. its very simular to the top of the line Premier model the 860MP which has very good reviews.

how much are you looking to spend for the 6800??

i know the 860 goes for around $360 and the 7800 for $440.

CDT comps are nice, haven't used the EF models, but have used the HD models. the only thing i didn't like was the silk tweeter. i like the detail of a hard dome better. but i think you can upgrade thoes now for a decient price.

talk to Alteraudio about the CDT comps.

Username: Athenslb57

Post Number: 1
I am waiting on the 7800 as well. It should be here in about another week or so according to Pioneer. I have found it online for $299.99. http://www.savinglots.com/lotprod.asp?item=DEHP7800MP

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1616
cool cool, i'm not in a big hurry, since i don't have everything else ready yet. cars all torn appart right now, lol.

Bronze Member
Username: Nanbakat

Mexico CityMexico

Post Number: 25
Pioneer will be introducing a top-of-the-line model to their lineup, the DEH-P9800BT. It's supposed to come out in May. It adds Bluetooth support, a microphone and automatic time alignment features. Not sure if you need any of that...but if you're not in a hurry it might be worth the wait and the extra cash.

The time alignment feature will be very handy when setting up an SQ system with the CDT comps.

2076_4313_291832622%2C00.html,http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/press/releas e/detail/0,,2076_4313_291832622,00.html

(When I copy the link it puts some weird formatting in front of the "http"...disregard that stuff.)

Bronze Member
Username: Bigsim

Post Number: 29
I saw a pioneer pricelist for an online shop that advertised a p8850mp (Australian equivalent of a p8800mp) as well, anyone heard anything about it?

Bronze Member
Username: Kevin420

Gilbert, Az USA

Post Number: 14
I have the DEH 6800Mp, It is very cool. Got mine for like 225 on ebay, coolest h/u ive had in awhile.My daughter likes the dolphins, it's her "little TV", that's until daddy puts dvd in the headrests next. Maybe, hopefully!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
Hey, a little bit of an update from me..

Well, I have changed my mind on the 6800 to the 680 premier version, as it has 4v preout and happens to be cheaper for me.

Also, I am somewhat considering the 7800mp, but the price seems to be a bit too much out of my price range. I heard the 24bit conversion is supposed to be really nice for SQ.

http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=300&id=detailed_info&i=113KDCX790
I searched for a bit and found this kenwood unit, i'm not too sure about kenwood, i've heard both good and bad.. the features seem sketchy for some reason, I don't know why, I just find it sketchy..

basicly it's the same price as the 680 premier.. so based on the unit's itself what would be better, i wouldn't be getting a warrenty either (unautherized dealer) for either so build quality should be good too..

thanks.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
by the way the kenwood has 24 bit burr brown conversion, 3 band EQ, while the pioneer has a 16bit conversion and 16band EQ

the kenwood has some other pretty retarded features aswell.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
oops i meant to say 16bit conversion and 7band eq, been up all night dead tired.. just noticed that

Bronze Member
Username: Makmillion

United States

Post Number: 30
Actually the DEH-P860MP ( 2 steps up frm the 680 ) has 24-bit Burr Brown D/A Conversion with a 13 band graphic EQ.

But thats if you want to step up to a way better deck :-)

If you want build quality, I wouldnt buy last years Kenwood line ... wait until this year's line comes out or get a premier.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us