Which nav unit

Username: Ecin

Post Number: 1
What's the difference between getting a cheaper all in one like the AVIC-z1(bluetooth) and the N872A.

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1690
the avic-z1 is not a a cheap unit. the quality is going to be the smae on these units. price wise pioneer will be around 1600, cheaper then eclipse....

Post Number: 2
the alpine d310 is availabel for 1300 and the n872a is available for 1200 around there and like you said the z1 will be around 1600. why does alpine have such a price premium. what would be the pro's and cons of those systems. Besides that pioneer has bluetooth and HDD.

Post Number: 3
oh, another thing. Is the Z1 as slow to operate as the N2. Is the alpine faster? When I was at a store the N2 was painfully slow.

Username: Madcock

Tampa, Florida

Post Number: 3
Pioneer AVIC-Z1, A great piece of electronics as long as your sitting still. I have owned 5 gps units and never have been this dissatisfied. The AV is wonderful, you can use all AV menus while traveling except Video (who cares I can't watch movies and drive anyway) but why they would not let me pick a POI while driving boggles the mind. On my first trip last week (16 hours of windshield time) I found myself having to pull off the interstate a number of time to stop so I could change a simple option or look up a place to eat or dim the screen as it got dark (that bright screen became a safety issue). My $300 Streetpilot from Garmin is easier to use. Now that I have spent $ 2200 I have to hope someone comes up with a way to bypass this ugly issue.

Tampa, Florida

Post Number: 5
I got my wife a Garmin c340. she loves it and me for getting it for her. She is not very techie but has no problem with this unit and never gets lost.

Post Number: 5
pretty cool. You don't think all in dash navigation disable menus while driving? I mean usually when you are going on a long tripe you are accompanied by someone who may help input directions and what not.

Tampa, Florida

Post Number: 6
On trips we use the gps to figure out where we want to stop, eat, go shopping ect..., Passanger will usually operate until they find a location theoff we go. who wants to pull over while on a interstate move to a parking lot an then sit their and use the gps
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us