Who has the best bang for buck, zapco, hifonics, PPI, crossfire....

Username: Hambone35

Post Number: 7
i am looking in the 1600 to 2000 watt rage need some sugestions for clean clear and efficient power, for the money?

Silver Member
Username: Goatin

U.S.A

Post Number: 581
Man you need to tell us what you are planning to spend to really help you!!

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1429
yeah, huge difference in price between Zapco and Hifonics, lol.

Post Number: 10
in this case its not really money thats the problem its am i getting what i am paying for or can i get something similar for a cheaper price thats why i ask bang for buck who has the best, i know zapco is pricey butt is it worth it? or can i getting something similar with another brand

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5400
Zapco is worth it.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6746
i hope ur not asking about great brands & u intend 2 power some low class subs like audiobahn or mofos ....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
no not at all i dont like audiobuahn or kicker, for me before i found this form i was going to go with a new all alpine system but after reading some interesting things on these threads i starded doing resaerch on things like w7 wich is the benchmark for comparison on hear, XXX even mtx 9500 etc so i am looking for the loudest clearest system possible, a speaker thread will probably be my next thing, my other limitation is i am canadian so i dont even get 10% of the same car audio volume u americans do so that also limits me to what i can get and puts some damping on any budget i may have.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
what about Alphasonik?

Gold Member

Post Number: 5403
I'm a Canadian too. I get all my stuff from the states.
If money isn't a problem then go with Zapco and JL W7 in a HO box.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3368
Isaac loves the JL W7's in the HO BOX. Is that what you are currently running isaac ?

Gold Member

Post Number: 5404
Well it's not currently running in the car, cause 12W7 in HO box is way too big for the trunk. I will be making a smaller box in the spring though. Zapco 750.2 amp is one of the best sounding amp I've heard so far, next to PPI Art series.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
what about alphasonik ? i know nothing aout them... i love how they look...very nice and clean

Gold Member

Post Number: 5405
Take a look at Audiobahn. It's the same as Alphasonik (they share the same building).

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3369
12w7 in HO box is way to heavy man. Dont you drive a Acura Isaac ?

All this is going in a camry

Im going with a Arc Audio 1500-XXK and a ID MAX 12 sealed at 1.5 cuft gross sealed

CDT HD62 up front with the new DRT-26sat tweeter

PPI A600.2 to power the component set.

Premier 860 HU

Viper 5000 Alarm

KnuKonceptz Wiring

Dynamat Extreme in the Doors and reardeck

Its in the shop right now getting installed. Will be ready on wednesday.

Total Install - $300

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
so are you trying to say alphasonik is crap i just want something i know is gonna giving me what it says and some good sq i just odered the new XXX 2 12' so what would you use????

Gold Member

Post Number: 5407
MO, that's not a bad install for $300. Here in Canada, they charge almost $150 for a Viper alarm install (rip off).

Mike here's a simple rule. If you have expensive subs, then match it with a good amp and vise versa.
You wouldn't buy BMW M5 and install $50 tires right?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6768
nice analogy ^^^ !

i'm seeing a few ppl posting here with nice subs like JL etc & they want 2 buy a cheap azz amp 2 power it .....

Bronze Member
Username: Blkwardog

Post Number: 12
hey wut do ppl think of crossfire class D subs? the vr2000d and vr4000d put out alotta power but does neone hav ne experience w/ them?

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3372
I owned a crossfire vr1000D for about 1 year and it did everyhing i needed and then some. Very efficiant and didnt cause any dimming lights in my suv off my 95a alternator. Very powerfull and puts out the 1000 watts at 12.5 volts as stated by crossfire. Birthsheet says 1332 watts rms @ 14.4 volts so they are definetly great amps and are built in the USA.

Bronze Member
Username: Talon_es93

Post Number: 73
is MA audio any good with amps?

Bronze Member
Username: Akula_class

Post Number: 37
I know someone that swears by MA Audio. I know they can get loud. But SQ I'm not to sure of.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
Makes sense isaac, so what are ur pick for top quality amps then?

Bronze Member
Username: Rustysurfer916

Post Number: 45
i had 2 old MA audio 12's in my car and you would look at them and be like what? but you would hear them and $hit yourself. image isent everything. i got 2 10s that look like comp speakers and have a huge magnet on them and sound like complete $hit. sooo dont go buy looks. but yeah audiobahn is crap in my oppinion

Bronze Member
Username: Rustysurfer916

Post Number: 46
i had 2 12's MA audio's in my car before they blew (they were like 5 years old so it was their time lol) but they look like kind of a cheap sub then i put them in and i was amazed at how loud they were. image isent everything. i have 2 10's also that look like comp speakers and have a huge magnet and a huge foam surrounding and they sound like complete $hit. but yeah audiobahn is crap in my oppinion. my buddy had some and the cone started popping off the rubber surrounding

Bronze Member
Username: Akula_class

Post Number: 39
I've run a few different systems and one that I ran was an Audiobahn AW1200Q. And at 1st I went cheap and just threw it in an Q-Logic box. It sounded like crap and I was smart enought to know it wasn't the sub. So I moved up to a custom box. that just wouldn't seal. So the sub still sounded like pooh. I finally got a hold of a Memphis ported enclosure and that sub cam alive. I wouldn't say it was the best in terms of SQ but it hit the lows really really well. So speaking on my instance with Audiobahn I'd say it was an good investment at the time. They won't break your wallet and it lasted up until I upgraded and sold it. One thing I will say is, I'm not impressed with the bling factor.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
what about JBL amps are they over priced?

Silver Member
Username: Koz1031

Monticello, In United states

Post Number: 425
I run 2 MA Audio amps. 1 is the hk897 and for the subs and the other is the 489i for the component and tweeters. I bought the 489i because I liked the hk I run my subs. But there is also the soundstream that I used to run. That also was a very nice amp, till I burnt it up. (my fault)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us