Sub to head unit..

Bronze Member
Username: Highstone

Post Number: 20
how are the subs connected to head unit.. ?? are the wires going from subs to amp and amp to head unit???? and what wires are being used ?

Bronze Member
Username: Slaya

Post Number: 19
The RCA pre-outs connect from your head unit and go out to your amp. your sub also connects to the amp.

theres a remote wire going from the head unit to the amp aswell, but that's just a signal to turn the amp on.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
i meant what wire would i use to connect the subwoofer to the amplifier. regular speaker wire or some other?

Username: Bass_fanatic

Post Number: 4
just speaker wire 12-8 awg.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
thanks..

Username: Caleb_p

Steele, Mo United States

Post Number: 1
Well yall check this out i just got a brand new 06 ford ranger and the stock headunit does aesoem its got cassett mps adn am/fm what more could you ask for but id like a lil more bump and i havnet pulled it out yet but im wonderin what i needt o make my stock unit work with my 250 wattt alpine amp pushin my 10

Bronze Member
Username: Risky

Post Number: 12
you can buy this thing that you wire in and it will give you pre-outs i forgot what it is called any best buy or car audio place should have it.

Steele, Mo United States

Post Number: 2
Well thats what the guy i work with at the air port that does all our wiring for the gps but we still cant figure out where teh remote wire should run bc ive read it goes to the antenna but i just couldnt see how that would work

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2769
The remote wire from the head unit? It can act as a remote to turn on the external amplifiers.

The solid blue wire goes to the antenna-if it is a power antenna.

Steele, Mo United States

Post Number: 3
Well Thanks for the info im going tomorrow to get my connector for the rca cables adn then im gonna see how it all works ill holla back if i cant figure it out
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us