New system.. several questions.

Username: Phrozt

Post Number: 1
I have an 01 dodge intrepid ES. Because of the ES package, stock speakers are really pretty decent. It's got a 5.1 system with tweeter sattelites by the mirrors.

I'm looking to replace everything and get subs.

I've been doing tons of research, but as you all know, numbers really don't compare to real world information... especially with audio.

For the 6.5 speakers, I'm 90% sure of going with the Infinity Perfect system:
http://www.cardomain.com/item/INFPERFECT51

For the 6x9s in the back, I was also going to stick with infinity:
http://www.cardomain.com/item/INFKAPPA6937I

Now.. because both of these sets are good for SQ, I was going for some SPL in the subs to compliment the whole design.

I've really been all over the map on my intentions with subs, because there are so many options. I've got some ideas, but I'd like to hear yours. Also, I'd like to know what you guys think of memphis subs. I don't see much at all about them on the net, but the dealers I've talked to swear up oneside and down the other that they are great subs - dealers that deal primarily in Rockford systems even.

any and all input, good/bad/ugly is highly welcome.

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 833
How much money are oyu looking ot spend and how much power do you plan on running? Or are you really aiming for SQL?

Post Number: 4
I'd say I'm aiming about 75% for SQ, but at least 25% for SPL.

I'd like to keep it around a 2k budget, but I'm flexible either way really... I just got a great new job and I can finally afford some good equipment.

I was going to figure in power after everything was already picked out. I see power deficiency as a product of people picking the amp first, and then deciding to go too high or too low on components they hook up to it. I'd rather tailor the amp selection to the components I choose.

Post Number: 5
Ya know.. in this day and age.. I just have compassion and understanding for kids that had crack wh0res for moms :/.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us