Need new components 6.5, using hifonics 500x2 amp

Username: Havok13154

Poway (san diego), Ca USA

Post Number: 1
i have a hifonics son of boltar 500x2. i had eclipse 5.25 comps i like them but my new car uses 6.5 i was thinking of getting eclipse 6.5 comps but i want to see what else is out there. i have heard of a lot of brands, what is comparable to them, if they wernt as harsh i would be more pleased (i'm going to guess it is the alum tweeter):D the sub i will be using is a Sterio integity (sp?) 15" D2 with a hifonics 1000x1 at 1ohm.

i was looking at CDT but i like the HD-62 and i think it is out of my price range ($350 shipped is the cheapest i found). i would like to spend up to $250 shipped but i willing to go up to $300 shipped if it is really worth it.

if you list some links with the brand that would be great, i noticed some brands are hard to find.

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1403
might look at JL XR's or Infinity. i've never heard or heard much about Eclipse comps, so i don't know what to compare them to.

but if you like thoes, why not get an adaptor plate and keep them for the new car??

Also, for CDT, talk to Alteraudio on here, he might be able to help you out.

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 464
You will need to invest in a pretty hefty setup if you've using a Stereo Integrity Mag 15. I use an active 3way CDT setup and I drive a sedan. But in the 250$ range, I can offer the EF-61CF or EF-61FG.

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 465
You will need to invest in a pretty hefty setup if you've using a Stereo Integrity Mag 15. I use an active 3way CDT setup and I drive a sedan. But in the 250$ range, I can offer the EF-61CF or EF-61FG.

Post Number: 2
i don't want a plate. i do not like mainstream, no JL infinatey. eclipse is almost too mainstream for me. i like stuff no one really sells in store. better chance i wont get jacked.

what would a hd-62 (are the hd-63 out yet if so how much more over the 62's are they)set cost me? i think that is what i need to get because of the sub.

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 468
email me Mark at sales@alteraudiousa.com for pricing. I'll see what I can do for you.

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 827
Don't advertise your equipment and you'll have a lot less chance of getting jacked, not that you do, just general common sense. Stealth install, no jacking the volume anywhere near your house, no stickers, etc.

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 828
For comps, CDT, Focal, MB Quart, Rainbow, Bravox, Diamond Audio, Image Dynamics, Alpine, Polk, I'm sure I'm missing a bunch as well.

Post Number: 3
thanks for all the help, looking into diamond audio as well. but CDT has my heart as of now

Bronze Member
Username: Nztunez

NelsonNew Zealand

Post Number: 24
SEAS, Zapco, Dynaudio, Morel, Boston Acoustics , DLS and Oz Audio are a few more good components brands.

Components are VERY subjective so you really need to listen to be sure they are what you like. It's often a mistake to buy components without listening to them first as they are the part of the system that will affect your sound the most.

If you are happy with the Eclipse sound then go with them as at least you've heard them and I assume you like the sounds they put out....ie not too harsh for you...good midbass etc.

There are components that cost $500+ that just don't sound good to some ears so it's not always a matter of you get what you pay for. Very often a $200 set of componets will sound excellent with the type of sounds you like in your music.

Poway san diego, Ca USA

Post Number: 8
dimond audio s600s vs cdt hd-62

Bronze Member
Username: Nztunez

NelsonNew Zealand

Post Number: 27
Here are some good links (I think so anyway :-) ) to help with narrowing down between those component choices. I've spent a lot of time in audio forums lately and use this forum as well as several others to come up with answers to what would be best so I thought I'd search a bit and find some info you might find useful as well.

http://www.carsound.com/UBB/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=18;t=009900#000000

http://www.carsound.com/UBB/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=18;t=009657#000006

http://www.carsound.com/UBB/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=18;t=010577#000004

http://forum.sounddomain.com/forum/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=4;t=020202;p=

Need to do a bit of cut and pasting as they don't all link perfectly.

Hope that all helped...I know I learned a lot from reading through posts like these from more experienced audio folks.

Poway san diego, Ca USA

Post Number: 9
THANKS A LOT!!!!

Bronze Member

Poway san diego, Ca USA

Post Number: 11
well i'm going to go with the diamond audio S600s, for under 300 to my door with 3 year warrenty.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us