Power for 2 car amps in civic (pimpin)

Username: Calioldschool

Post Number: 1
Have a quick question, I have 2 12" audiobahn 300 watt each subs, and then a 4 channel audiobahn amp that runs perfect all running off a power capasitor. Now, what's the proper way to power the next amp i'm adding in addition that will run my 2 JL w3 10" d4 subs. I have the amp, I just don't want to suck all the power out of 1 battery... or can I just pull off the capsitor?
Please advise smart ones... Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Goose5714

Post Number: 343
So wait your going to have 4 subs? 2 audiobahns and 2 jl's??? My advice is pull the audiobahns, put in the jl's and sell the audiobahns to some gullible high school kid who thinks they are "Teh best Subzzzz eva"

Silver Member
Username: Goose5714

Post Number: 344
or just plug the audiobahns into a wall socket and enjoy :-)

Username: Calioldschool

California

Post Number: 2
lol that's funny, well I tried running the 2 JL's at the pad into a socket with a 12v inverter running a continuous whopping 25 amps. It wasn't enough to power the 10's so I took it back. I don't need subs in the house however i'm a bass freak from LA and more bass the better. So still, anyone know if I can run both amps off one battery? from what i've been reading it's possible, I just don't want to blow anything up... thanks guys.

Silver Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 468
Depending on how much power you amp gives them one battery will be fine. If you plan on using like a 2000rms+ set up, that battery will not be fine!

Your cap doesnt really help your voltage situation, when your battery cannot supply the power needed to run your subs it discharges. that discharge is fast and sweet then your cap needs to be recharged which in return sucks more power from your Alt (or battery if car is off) which equals even MORE dimming lights and strain on your system.

I would suggest what was stated above, sell the audiobahns and keep the JL's. If you want more bass maybe even get a 3rd 10" or somthing.

I ran a 600rms amp and a 200rms amp on my old system, and I had no problems....after like 6 months or so my alt died and I had to replace it...but battery is still kickin in that winter beater!

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 177
the trick of the thing is the alternator, but for that amount of watts it will run just fine.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us