Too large of an amp????

Username: Slinkchris

Post Number: 2
ok i just got a new car and the system in it is kinda weird, it has a 600x2 legacy amp and an 900 watt rms power acoustik DVC sub, when i connected it all i bridged the amp and turned the car on, and the car revved then just died, did this about 3 times and unhooked it, and the car is fine, should i just run it on 1 channel and not bridge or what?

Silver Member
Username: Nnnnick_b

Weddington, Nc Usa

Post Number: 468
First, that legacy amp is definitely not to big. I'm also positive that it does not put out 600x2. That is a peak power rating. Useless. Check the fuse size on that amp and post it. I would bet that that amp only puts out 200-250 watts rms.

Post Number: 3
its a 40 fuse, but why would it kill the car when its hooked up?

Silver Member
Username: Nnnnick_b

Weddington, Nc Usa

Post Number: 469
What is the impendance of the voice coils on that sub and what is the minimum inpendence load that amp can handle per channel.

Post Number: 4
the sub is a dual 4 ohm, i have no idea about the amp, it says its 2 ohm stable per channel and 4 ohm bridged

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 724
Upload

How the he<< would hooking up an amp cause your engine to rev?

Post Number: 5
it just causes my car to die, i try to turn the car on and it starts for a few seconds then dies

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11374
you're getting a short somewhere apparently.
it's not wired right.. and if the sub is dual 4 ohm, and coils are in parallel, that's presenting a 2 ohm load to a bridged amp.
that's a no-no in most cases.
too low of a load.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us