Amp wont power on

Username: Slaya

Post Number: 10
Hey, i was helping my friend connect his amp/sub today..

its a cheap pioneer amp and a CHEAP sub connected to a sony head unit

we had everything going nice and worked, and then for some reason the amp wouldnt turn on anymore. so i connected it into my car and it worked fine, and then back in his car and still doesnt work?

we checked all the wires and everythign seems to be right, but for some reason the amp will not turn on in his car.. is there any reason this would happen?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
bump, please help, i want to work on this tomorrow after school.

Silver Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 139
Is the remote wire connected right? The ground?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
the remote wire is connected to the same place it was connected when it was working for that minute.

after that I immedietly thought it was the remote wire but as far as i can tell it's not, I did a few tests for the remote wire like running another remote wire (besides the one we wired through the car) to make sure.

the ground seeems to be good, grounded to a bolt in the car.. I guess i'll sand down the surface and stuff but I don't know.

Silver Member
Username: Islandboy808

Mililani, Hawaii US

Post Number: 767
try and check the inline fuse

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1646
take a test light and see if you have power on the main and remote wire...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
I got a voltage tester, and the main power powers (+/-) were getitng like 12.63v so they were fine, i wasn't sure how to test the remote wire or maybe it just wasnt working..

we connected the remote wire to the power wire for the head unit, is this gonna mess anythign up?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us