Need help pricing amps and installation

Username: Grendelendel

Post Number: 9
i recently bought 2 infinity 6012i reference for my 96 jeep grand cherokee limited. the rear speakers were blown and sounded like crud so i had to replace them. i bought them from circuit city and all they said was that it would work with my car. i didnt look too much into it i just didnt want crappy sounding blown speakers. my stock infinity gold amp runs 2ohm and the speakers i bought were 4ohm so of course they didnt sound great the stock front speakers sounded better. recently my front ones just started sounding like they were blown aka the rubber surround is ripped not sure if it was due to the new speakers or not. anyway i was wondering what would be the best option to do now. sorta want the speakers to match so i was think of buying another set of infinity reference 6012i speakers. i think i should buy an amp to power all 4 speakers instead of the stock one trying to power these. what is the best amp to run these i have roughly around 400 to spend on new speakers an amp and installation. i could buy the speakers off ebay for around 50 so that leaves 350 for an amp and installation. anyone know how much installation will cost for the 2 speakers and an amp? my rear ones cost 40 bucks to install but i can just install the new speakers by just replacing the wires and getting a wire harness. the amp will be difficult so i think i should get that installed by them cause i think they need to rewire EVERYTHING. they need to rewire each speaker to the new amp and rewire the new amp to the headunit which is stock with no preamp output so i think i might have a little fun letting them stuggle to figure out how to do that one. im not willing to do it if the installation is gonna cost like $200 or something. but what i need is a good amp for a reasonable price to run these speakers and keep in mind installation which im not sure what that will run up to.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3323
Kicker KX 350.4 is a great amp to power 4 of those speakers with.

Here is a good place to get one.

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=275
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us