Off topic - Does anybody legally download movies?

Silver Member
Username: Jprix82

Post Number: 325
Does anybody legally download movies,if you do where do you go and how much does it cost and can you get movies still in the theatre?

Silver Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 404
Downloading movies still in theaters is illegal, hasn't been released to video yet, lol. Polo..

Silver Member

Post Number: 326
really didnt know that

Silver Member
Username: Tafkam

Texas

Post Number: 235
Yeah, what Polo said......

It they are still in theaters on the first run then the only legal way to see them is in the theater, unless you know some Hollywood bigshot.

I have seen some boot leg movies, I really wanted to see the South Park movie when it came out and a buddy gave it to me on two CDs turned out to be some clown in a theater pointing his camcorder at the screen!! I waited until it really came out and bought it.

I would think that with the time involved, even with a broadband connection a full movie will take time, that if you want to do things legally the best way is just to wait until it is released on DVD.

Silver Member

Post Number: 327
yeah i know but i think it would be cheaper like if a site charges $20 a month for unlimited downloads and a DVD cost 10-15$ each atleast you could get your moneys worth

Silver Member
Username: Nemen

Post Number: 479
lol tafkam lol my friend had dowloaderd the new 50cent movie from me and some dumbass was pointing the camera to a screen in the middle of the movie he moved it and you can only see the top half with the curtains and stuff lol

Silver Member

Texas

Post Number: 240
Joesph, well I can see your point, I guess you could save money if you wanted to download all the time like that. I have not heard of anything like that but if they exist I bet they would be a LOT more than 15-20 bucks a month but maybe I am wrong. If I hear of anything like that I will post again.

And Nemen, that is why I don't want to see a bootleg movie!!!! Yeah it is pretty funny if you got it for free but no sub for the real thing!

Silver Member

Texas

Post Number: 241
One other thing to add that I just thought of, I would think that if there was a legal way to download movies like that, then there must be a way to copy what you have and give it to friends.

Kind of like what is going on with the music industry, and I know there are legal outlets for that but the movies are on such a greater scale as far as cost then I would think that, until they figure out how you could download it and limit it just to that one person, that it is not possible right now.

Silver Member

Post Number: 328
I also seen some terrible bootlegs im talking the screen is dark and you can hear cars starting up in the background from a drive in or you hear people talking or coughing in the background, but i also seen some "high quality" bootlegs where there were crystal clear and silent.

Silver Member
Username: Islandboy808

Mililani, Hawaii US

Post Number: 743
I get all the new movies that come out,and its not the shitty ones where people use camcorders in the movies.its the real movie,only problem is it has numbers at the top of the screen.But no big deal.And you ask me how do I get them,from a friend,I dont ask so I dont know how he gets em.

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1696
lol
movies that are camecorded are label as CAM

CAM
This type of video was recorded by someone in a cinema with a camcorder and the audience can sometimes be heard or seen! The picture quality is usually OK but the sound is usually very bad and it is hard to make out speech.

Telecine
Cinematic film movies are shot at 24 progressive frames per second speed. A Frame is the smallest unit of a 24 fps FILM format. NTSC video is a "field-based" format of 59.94 fields per second. A Field is the smallest unit in interlaced video format. 2 fields make up 1 frame. So, this 59.94 fields per second equals 29.97 frames per second. 1 second in FILM (24 frames) is NOT equal to 1 second in NTSC Video (29.97 frames).

To be able to match the speed of an NTSC Video, conversion from a FILM format to an NTSC Video format undergoes a process called 2:3 pulldown or TELECINE. This process, in simplest terms, means "to add 6 frames so that a 24 fps becomes 30fps which is close to 29.97 fps (another trick is used to get to 29.97). Picture of the process - doom9.org

Telesync
A video recorded in a cinema but usually on an expensive camera and a seperate audio source or direct audio connection (so the audience cannot be heard). The result is a video generally of very good quality.

Screener
A video usually recorded form a promotional video tape or DVD which is sent to censors and film critics etc. The quality is usually as good as a commercial video or DVD. Sometimes a copyright message appears on the screen.

OHh yea

WORKPRINT
comes from a leak copy b4 its even finally edited..

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 724
no. never.

Bronze Member
Username: Fiber

Post Number: 21
Movies off p2p/bittorent are usually around 700mb and alot of the times they are'nt what you want like a totally different movie, but overall it is illegal to download movies from the net.

Silver Member
Username: Opie_har

Somewhere, One of them USA

Post Number: 128
http://www.cinemanow.com/
http://www.movieadvanced.com/?hop=infologix
http://www.onlinereviewboard.com/bestmoviedownloads2005/5.htm

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6528
wow - u guys really want 2 end up in the hoosegow & have a BF named 'bubba' - LOL ! .......

Silver Member
Username: Opie_har

Somewhere, One of them USA

Post Number: 129
I got those three after 5 minutes on google, never used them, just thought I would share my discovery. Besides, "legally download movies"

Gold Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 1187
I saw spiderman 2 weeks before it was even released in theaters.

Gold Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 1188
I saw the first spiderman two weeks before it came out

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6531
me too ^ ! .....

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3077
i saw the bootleg of the fantastic 4. during the movie you can hear someone sitting real close to the guy who recorded saying "this movie f*cking sux".

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1733
i wont really touch on this subject, lets just say I have access to everything in theatres currently. CRYSTAL CLEAR! and stuff that comes out NEXT week. so ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...............

if u guys got fucked up movies u prob got street bootlegs, not the real deal. dvdr grouped releases..
digitally copied, not handheld recorded...

read my above post....... then read it again......

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1734
let me give u guys some REAL LINKS, not like that above BS

www.vcdquality.com << all those are already released
www.vcdhelp.com << self explainitory!

just for u guys knowledge.. those are old to me...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us