Pioneer vs Clarion vs Kenwood

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1368
ok im looking for a new HU i've been considering Pioneer deh-580mp, Clarion dxz655mp, and kenwood kdcmp5032 all the HU's are $10's apart so price isn't a factor, and im looking for a HU with a sub pre out.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3303
Ive heard all three and i was more impressed with the Pioneer DEH-P580MP because of the price and build quality and ease of use above all. The Premier also comes with a 2 year warranty opposed to 90 days some companies offer for selfinstalls or 1 year. Definetly wont be dissappointed with the Premier 580. That is what im getting for my budget system. I have a Premier 860 in my other car and love it.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3306
Upload

Looks pretty nice if you ask me.

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1371
ya the pioneer was the one that seemed to catch my attention the most, its price and all the feature you get seem like a good deal, and plus i've heard all good things about pioneers build quality.

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1372
ohh thanks for the responce.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3307
The premier versian is darker shade which i like. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3308
No problem, I cant wait to setup my budget system. Probably wont be to budget once im done since im so picky!

Silver Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 121
i kinda like clarion better jus my opinion though

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1380
any1 know the dimensions of the deh-580mp, i wanna make sure that it will fit in my jeep.

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1381
TTT

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2740
There are only three main types of sizes aftermarket units use: DIN (most likely what your Jeep has and the most common for an aftermarket head unit), Half DIN, and Double DIN.

As far as the thread goes, both Clarion and Pioneer are great brands-but the lower Clarions are garbage in comparison to the same classed Pioneers.

Kenwood can't be compared to both brands in terms of quality-features, maybe, but quality, no way.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3331
Keep in mind that the 580mp offers 2.2V preouts which is strange. The 480mp on the other hand does offers 4v preouts and so does the 680mp. The 580mp also lacks on the crossovers.

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1392
ya i was wondering what lpf would you use, the one on the HU or the one on the amp.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2745
The ones on the headunit are better as they do it digitally.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us