Viper 791xv issue

Username: Socaljoe

Post Number: 1
Hello, problem with my alarm is I can't seem to trigger it. This is the second system, the 1st one had to be replaced since it was faulty. Viper is installed in my 03 Chevy silverado.Once the alarm is armed, led flashing and doors locked, I can open the tail gate and slam it and the alarm doesn't do a thing. I could kick the hell out of the tires and not a sound from the alarm. The original person who installed it is not working for the shop anymore, when I took my truck back to the shop to have the system replaced, the installer couldn't find shock sensor. Can the sensor be hidden that good where it can't be found or was it even installed?. I'm tired of dealing with that shop, when you call them about a problem it's always "can you call back tomorrow, our techs are really busy right now". I've located where the brain is, I just need to find the shock sensor so I can adjust it, any suggestions on how to find this thing and what it looks like?

Username: Zbowtieman

Post Number: 5
Since you know where the brain is just follow the plug in 3 wire harness to the shock sensor. The color of the wires in the harness are blue, red and black with a green wire for an optional dual stage sensor on the shock sensor side. The shock sensor is clear plastic about an 1 x 2 inches with an adustment screw you use an eyeglass screwdriver to adust. Shouldn't be to far from the brain the wires aren't that long.

Silver Member
Username: Tafkam

Texas

Post Number: 239
I have the 790 also and I know it is a quality system, it sounds like the shop does not know what the xxell they are doing.

In respects to Zoolander's advice, if that does not fox it I would talk to the manager of the shop and give them one more try, and if not, let them take it out and give you your money back and then take it somewhere else.

If they can't get you in for a solid appointment then I say the heck with them, and I say this from experience with not only stereo/alarm installation but from doctors and things too, I can't stand a place that jerks me around, I give them a couple of shots, talk to a manager and if that does not solve it go elsewhere.

Username: Gixer1000

Post Number: 1
Hi I just bought a motorcycle and the seller gave me a Viper alarm system with it. The alarm was installed on an other bike. I dont know the model (the only thing i can read in the back of the Directed electronics module is model #322 with a date of 09/07/2003 . The remote are marked Viper . It has a shock detector, balance detector . I tried to find something on motorcycle site without succes. I saw few installation guide on this site but nothing exactly what i have. The main wiring output wiring connector colors are the same as a viper 300hf model. I found a manual on your site but nothing about the balancer detection was said. If anybody can help me, I would appreciate.
Thanks Pierre gagnopi@hotmail.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us