Will box seem bigger?

Silver Member
Username: Killer44

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 431
I want to build 2 seperate box's for my 10"cvr's to go behind the bench seat of my s10 but i hear that if i go with around 1.cu ft each i wont get that low end bass that i need for the music i listen to(rap) so i wondered if i were to put some polyfill in them wouldnt it make the box seem the size i want to have them(about 1.25-1.5 cu ft each) and if so how much polyfill is needed to obtain a certain amount of cubic feet, is their a rule of thumb...say 1/2lb(polyfill) will equal .5cu ft for example....thanx in advance

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 1976
i dont think thats the rule of thumb, the rule of thumb is 1 lb of poly per 1 cubic foot...and i think it will make it seem lik 15-25% bigger.
dont hold me 2 that

Silver Member
Username: Killer44

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 432
i wasnt saying that was the rule of thumb i was jsut making an example for that sake of my question but if what u say is true then that should work out very well for my situation...like if i made my box's 1cu ft each(or a little bigger)and added one lb of poly fill each they would be arround the size i wanted 1.25-1.5 cu ft...thanx alot Dane....

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 1978
np man

Gold Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1501
The greatest increase in "seeming" airspace is 25%. After that, you're just wasting money/time/effort.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us