Alternative to Alpine Type X

Username: Nanbakat

Mexico CityMexico

Post Number: 3
I have a MRD-M1005 Alpine Class-D mono amp. It puts out 1000W rms @ 2 ohms. I want to hook up a single 10" subwoofer to it. (Mainly going for SQ...I like punchy bass to accent my components up front. I don't like rumbling, loud bass).

I've read good things about the type-x and how it is a good subwoofer for SQ. I can get one for between $200-250. However, before I go ahead and buy it can anyone suggest any other brand of subwoofer that I should consider for my setup? The sub seeds to be high-quality, cost roughly about the same (maybe a little more), and sound needs to be oriented more towards SQ not SPL.

Thanks, guys.

PS - Also getting a sealed enclosure made.

Bronze Member
Username: Winterfreshpimp

Chisago, MN America

Post Number: 45
get a 10" arsenal sub from ascenant audio, ive never heard anyone that was not satified with their purchase, also the soundstream T4-10 is pretty talked in minnesota, havent heard it though. i have heard their lower end subs and they blew my mind sooooo..... hope i helped!!!

Gold Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1475
10" (2)Assassin(s)/(1)Arsenal
10" SE/SX

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3055
if you want clean sounding bass then i would get this.

Image Dynamics IDMAX10-D4

Gold Member

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1489
I always forget about the ID woofers. Probably because all the ROE videos of them I've watched don't impress me much. Or the people filming just suck at it :-).

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3056
whats up tyler......

yea i noticed that about the videos.

Bronze Member
Username: Andysd03

Post Number: 19
stay with the type X it is just as good as quality as the W7 and half the price u can get 2 type X in sealed for one w7 and type X can handle more power and type X would kill assasin and arsenal in sound quality maybe not in SPL but SQ ya and 1000 watts rms to it would be fine the sub can handle 1500 watts rms even seen it done u just have to work them in before u put that much power in them first. I recomend 2 type X in sealed then u get lots of bass and very good SQ but if u dont like lots of bass stay with 1 in sealed

Gold Member

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1506
Er...I wouldn't say the Type-X is just as good as the W7. Not at all. Sure, the Type-X is a good SQL woofer, but the W7 has it all over the Type-X is performance.

That's almost like saying the Type-R is better than the RE SE...It's just not going to happen lol.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 5985
Yeah, X's are ok subs, but they are still alpine subs....u cant compare Alpine to JL...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us