What 2 get

Bronze Member
Username: Hockeyplaya4lif

Post Number: 13
I found a JL set-up of 2 500.1`s with 2 12W6`s for just about $1200. Is there something else I could get that would be better for the $$$

Bronze Member
Username: Jeffless600

Post Number: 27
thats a pretttty good set up for that price. lol

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 5977
there is better stuff for the money sq and spl wise

But JL is all about quality, dont get me wrong they make great stuff just a bit pricy

Gold Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Post Number: 1127
yea very price, you might be able to sell if and get more then get something better for cheaper

Gold Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1443
Really, I've noticed from reading a lot, the main thing about JL amps that makes them so pricey is the ability to put out the given RMS wattage at any impedance/voltage setup. At least on the slash series amps.

But still, as great as that might be, I can't see why it's so expensive. Their subwoofers, however, at least the W6 and W7 series, do seem worth a good chunk of change, but $500-800 for one? Nope. Not when brands like AA and RE are coming closer and closer to outdoing JL in SQ and build quality. In fact, a lot of these brands have crushed JL SPL-wise, but are lacking the SQ, but yet, not by much.

So what's going to happen when all of these brands finally hit the right note (bad pun lol) and meet or exceed the abilities of JL Audio? Will JL Audio just be a thing of the past, or to keep up will they be forced to lower their prices? It will be interesting, because the day is coming...

Bronze Member
Username: Hockeyplaya4lif

Post Number: 14
What else could I get??? Its going in a 96 Impala SS , so could i get 2 12`s now and then 2 later on???

Gold Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1447
AA Arsenals :-). RE SX/XXX.

Gold Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Post Number: 1132
well i mean seriouesly if you al ready have that setup, then install it, it would sound GREAT! if you want something better, maybe like 4 bostin G5's, i've heard they are on the same lvl as the JL W6V2's idk the prices on them though...

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 5978
Crystal Comp X's, nuff said
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us