Quick Q?

Gold Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Post Number: 1112
when an HU is set at 60Watts peak.. what would that be n daily driveing? or is it able to sustain this everyday or will that fry the HU? or would that be the same as the "peak power" for subs, like 2000 but can only take about 1500 with out blowing?

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1327
most HU's don't put out but 12-18 watts RMS. you'll never see 60 watts from a HU. Peak power pretty much means nothing.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1113
thats what i though, how do i keep my system from turning off all the time, i can't turn it up AT ALL, i mean i get it to 20... max 35 and it shuts off. why is this, its really pissing me off

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1331
thats usually a charging system problem. or a crappy amp. i had a pos Profile amp one time and it would turn everything off if i turned the HU (CDA-9813) past a certain point.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1116
it even did this with out my amp, but i was able to get it up to 25, then it would shut off, friend tell me i should get a capasitor, but i don't want to spend the cash, and idk what to do to be honest, because i dont' want to F(_)ck my JL's up when i set them up... so yea...

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6459
u have been here on ecoustics long enough 2 know the deal about caps.....

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1343
might try running a lead thats larger then the stock wires and straight to the battery.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us