JL question

Silver Member
Username: Loc_out

Santa Ana, Ca

Post Number: 335
I just got a new 06 Avalache and i'm saving money for some 26' wheels. I need some help choosing between 3 12w6 old school or 3 12w3v2 d4? I plan on running them with a JL 1000\1. What do you guys suggest? Please Help

Here is what i have as of now.
Alpine iva-900
2 set of DIAMOND AUDIO D661S

Bronze Member
Username: Palanza

Post Number: 63
hm.. the w3v2's are like.. what, 250 watts each? I think that 1000 might be a little much for 3.. although I guess it wouldnt be too bad unless u started crushing the volume nob. Uhh.. from what I hear the w6's are still pretty hard, even being the older model. I suggest listening to them both if possible to make up your mind.

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 685
the w3v2 are 300 rms so the 1000/1 amp would do 333 to each which is fine and the same for the old w6's i'm not sure if you would be able to get 3 new w6's if i were you i would go w/ the 3 12w3v2 there isn't going to be that huge of a difference and the w3 v2's get plenty loud i have 3 myself and would highly recommend them.

Gold Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Post Number: 1110
^^ agreed, listen to them, the get what you want on your preferences, no one know what you like exept for you.

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1324
12W3v2D4's are 300 RMS. a 1000/1 on 3 would work fine. wire them series parallel for a 2.67 ohm load. other way sould give you 0.67 ohms and the amp would just go into protect.

i've never heard the old W6's, so i can't say how they would compare.

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1325
you two posted at the same time i was, lol

Silver Member

Santa Ana, Ca

Post Number: 336
i have heard the w6's and they hit hard but i have not yet heard the w3v2. So i'm wondering wich one will hit harder for the money?

Bronze Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 94
go wit the w3v2s there newer and i guess newer technology from jl is better cuz every time they come out wit new models they surprise me

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 5382
the old w6's are a much better sub then the w3v2's. Louder, better SQ, overall a much better sub.

Silver Member

Santa Ana, Ca

Post Number: 337
James or anyone, should i go with 3 12w6 or 3 15w6?

Bronze Member
Username: Johnny619

San Diego, CA

Post Number: 69
wait for a month or two and get the 3w3, you can also try 2 pair of 12w6v2
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us