12" ID Max + sealed enc. = does it bang?? (jonathan?)

Username: Pvduk

Post Number: 6
Hi,

Im thinking of installing an ID Max 12" sub in a sealed enclosure, just wondering how loud it would go off a JL 1000/1 amp?

In terms of can you sit in the car at full output and withstand it? Can you hear it blocks away??

Jonathan, you have this setup yeah? How is it? I know it is more SQ, but does it still bang!?

Dont ignore this post guys please.

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 678
you can still sit in the car with it on full volume..unless you are really sensitive to sound at high volumes or something. with it in a sealed box it wont get "very loud". it all depends on what you are used to though.

Silver Member
Username: Lil_jon

Post Number: 340
car guy told me yesterday why am i gonna spend all my money on ID if im gonna seal it
i still dont understand what he meant

Post Number: 7
Looks like I might go for a RE XXX with ported box then...

This surely must 'bang'? hehe :-)

Does anyone know when the new XXX comes out? (nothing on manufacturer website)

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5759
It'll get loud. Not XXX loud, but loud enough for most people. If you've heard the JL W6v2, older Eclipse Aluminums, subs like that, the Max is slightly louder than that. Ported it really opens up.

Post Number: 8
Thanks Jonathan. What box would you suggest for optimal SPL with still maintaining gd SQ.

Thanks.

Silver Member

Post Number: 341
It'll get loud. Not XXX loud, but loud enough for most people. If you've heard the JL W6v2, older Eclipse Aluminums, subs like that, the Max is slightly louder than that. Ported it really opens up.

so was the guy saying that the id sounds better ported?

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5763
Yeah, sounds better and gets louder ported. Nice, smooth FR in a ported box, brings out the low end, too.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3287
Jonathan, what whould yield best results for a ID MAX 12 in a ported enclosure in a sedan type car like my 98 toyota camry ?

Can you give me the cuft and optimal freq to tune it ? Thanks

Im looking for a SQ setup that can get loud also and blend in well with my CDT HD62's up front off 150 x 2 @ 4 ohm / Thanks

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3288
by the way, i definetly love the sound of low bass like what you get sealed usually but you say the ID MAX 12 performs better ported so let me know man. Whatever will yield better results for a sedan like my 98 toyota camry off about 600-800 watts rms.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5764
They had a recommendation on their site (the larger one)-basically it's right at 2.5 net tuned to 28hz. You can tune as low as 25hz. They also offer an option where you can buy a passive radiator and use that.

If you think that sealed box gets low, wait until you hear the ported on music.

Bronze Member
Username: Iwrk4satan

Post Number: 45
I have mine off a JL 500/1, sealed box 1.5 cu ft. It is significantly louder and lower than my previous 10w6v2. I'd say its just about as loud as my buddy's 12w6v2 (off a 500/1), and the bass is a little tighter. I'd imagine with 600-800 watts this thing would pound pretty good.

I'm pretty curious to hear this sub in a ported box. However, I'm a huge SQ guy, is the ported box gonna sound sloppier? I really love tight bass, but I am very intrigued by extending the low end of the sub.

Anyone know where I can get a good deal on a ported box, or feel like building one for sale?

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3291
iwrk4satan check out www.woodlawncabnetry.com / Phil made 2 boxes for me so far and he really does a hec of a job on this enclosures. His price is good.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3292
www.woodlawncabinetry.com

Jonathan do you think 2.5 cuft @ 28hz will sound as good as 1.5 sealed and drop lower ?

Silver Member

Post Number: 342
well whats a good sub for sealed enclosures

i didnt wanna go id unless i could fit 3
Lexus Es 93
did i say good sub? I meant Great Sub sq
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us