MTX help plz

Bronze Member
Username: Talon_es93

Post Number: 25
hey i was on here yesterday askin about some subs and i had decided to get a havoc... but i changed my mind b/c me and a few friends are gunna start a small shitty car club in my town and we r all gunna have a certain brand.... i guess i'm stuck with MTX so i was wondering...what would sound better 2 or 3 12" mtx thunder 8500 or 4 10" thunder 7500???

Silver Member
Username: Sw9152

Post Number: 121
tell your friends to go a diiferent brand besides mtx. put a mtx sticker on a havoc and tell them it is a mtx prototype. if not i would go with 3 12 8500s.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
well every one gets a different brand i already have a MTX thunder81000D so i guess i'll juss go with MTX other got kicker others got jl audio and alpine ect....but do u think my amp can push those 3 12"s?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6423
"others got jl audio and alpine"

- er , dude that sounds like a rather shiddy concept ! . I just hope no1 gets a brand in the draw like BOSS , PYRAMID , PYLE , DUAL , SONY etc .....

Silver Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 918
why do you all need to have the same equipment?? The point of having your own car is customizing it to your own taste and being different. Why would you sacrifice good sound just for the sake of having the same subs as your friends? Big mistake when it comes to car audio.

Gold Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1429
Get the Havocs, you'll show up all of your friends :-). Well, except possibly anyone with W7's, but I bet the hAvocs have better SPL than the W7's...

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1315
kinda reminds me of thoes anti-drug commercials where everyone is making the guy do stuff, lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
no one is having the same brand every one is gettin a seperate brand depend on what they already have i got 4 cars to fix up so i can deal with 4 different brands i don't have a problem with it....i dont' have to get the same thing i can put a sticker on my car and say i have it but if theres a better speaker around the same price then i'll go for it...i was lookin at a few others but ppl told me they were mostly for like sq and i'm lookin for spl.... like the W6v2 is mostly for sq... so they told me

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
is the havoc the best by ascendant audio?

Username: Ton

Post Number: 7
if i was you, i wouldn't go with 3 12" 8500 or 4 10
" 7500. i will go with 4 12" 7500 instead of those two, 7500 are better sub than 8500. i have 4 of those 12" 7500 and they sound very good and pretty dam n hard. beside that the 4 12" 7500 wil be louder than 3 12" 8500, they will be also cheaper.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
well then what would be better 4 12" 7500s or 1 havoc

Silver Member
Username: Yukhui

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina USA

Post Number: 253
How about 2 15" 8500's?

Bronze Member
Username: Jeffless600

Post Number: 23
I would defiently buy 1 15" MTX 9500. lots of wiring options and these things P O U N D. This sub would rap3 4 1" 7500's in my opinion.

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1330
9500's are loud, but really lack any sort of SQ imo. i'd go with a Havoc before i'd get a 9500.

yes, the Havoc is Ascendant Audio's top of the line woofer.

W6v2's are mostly SQ subs, but can get loud depending on set up.

Username: Ton

Post Number: 8
mmm, i've talked about mtx with different car audio and mtx expert,(wich mtx subs is better for spl) and all of them said the same, that the 7500 series are mtx best for spl. because i had plan too to buy 3 12 8500 but they told me not to go with them, they told me to go with 7500 series 4 of them 'cause the amp that i have the mtx ta81001 i can power 3 12" 8500 or 4 12" 7500, and boy now i'm realy happy that i had listen to them. i have tested seal and ported 5500 10", 7500 10" and 12", 9500 10" and 12". and the 7500 was imo the best. the 9500 series(ported) are better in deep bass compare to the 7500's(sealed) but they don't have the pressure that the 7500's do have. i have tested 2 9510-44 sealed box against 2 12" 7500 also sealed, and the 7500 was louder 800 wrms(7500) against 1500 wrms(9500),24" cone area with .65"xmax (2 12" 7500) against 20" cone area with 1"xmax (2 10" 9500) i also tested 1 12" 7500 sledgehammer against 1 12 9500 sledgehammer with the same amp the 801D and both where louder, i didn't notice a real difference between them. i'd heard 1 15" 9500 sledgehammer powered by the mtx ta7801 in an mitsubishi montero(suv) and my 2 10" 9500 sealed box powered by mtx ta81001 and in my toyota corolla(trunk) was louder. 2 12" 9500 sledgehammer is also louder but not louder than 4 12" 7500 sealed and imagine 4 12" 7500 ported?. i was a big fan of the 9500 series. but now i'm fan of the 7500 series. and also what they say: it's always about the install. i don't know about the other brand that they recomended you here, the Havoc, never heard one of them, but i guess it's a good sub because these guys on this forum know what they talking about. and i know more about mtx stuff. high wattage doesn't always be ideal for spl. high wattage against effecient. if you have more question about Mtx, you can go to http://www.mitekeurope.com/forum/ ask them there. they also know a lot about mtx stuff.

Gold Member

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1462
Well, considering the "experts" at MTX are the same "experts" that designed the JackHammer...Well I guess that says enough ;-)!

Go with the hAvocs, you'll be very impressed!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
u don't like the jack hammer or what??

Bronze Member
Username: Winterfreshpimp

Chisago, MN America

Post Number: 47
just cause your stuck with mtx dosent mean you have to get it, thats the strangest soncept ive ever heard... plus not too many people have ascendant audio subs people would terribly under estimate them, then you can melt their brain with the hAvoc, itll be awesome i just pictured it happening in my brain . but if you stuck with mtx and you want LOUD get the 9500 15" no sq what so ever but itl throw most other subs to the sh!tter.

Gold Member

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1479
NO ONE on here likes the JackHammer. Ever seen the posts called "JunkHammer" or "CrapHammer". There's a reason for that. It's the biggest piece of garbage ever...

Personally, I'd go with a couple of hAvocs, or a pair or RE SX/XXX/MT. The RE subs are rated from quietest to loudest, BUT ALL ARE VERY LOUD! All with good SQ. The MT is an SPL woofer, like the hAvoc, but it has much less SQ.

I'd personally stick with a pair of SX/XXX's or a pair of Arsenals/hAvocs. You'll be happy, I'm not kidding.

Either brand will do you good, and your friends will drop their jaws!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
whats the price one a re audio

Bronze Member
Username: Jeffless600

Post Number: 31
Get 1 15" 9500 and a mtx 7801 amp and smile.

Gold Member

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1499
Ok, Jeffrey's wrong, sorry, but it's true lol. Don't get that setup.

If you want SPL, get yourself an RE MT. Or a hAvoc.

www.reaudio.com
www.ascendantaudio.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us