Amp Problems

Bronze Member
Username: Schwic79

Post Number: 15
Was on my way home everything was working fine never noticed anything wrong then the next day went to go to school and no subs, figured loose wire or something like that untill I check it out and my amp is fried, two small black plastic pieces melted inside and burnt a small spot on the back of my seat. Wonder what would have cause something like this I had all wires and everything ran by a professional. My apm is a Rockford Fosgate 851s 850w 2 channel amp, pushing two kicker cvr 12's. Anyone know what could have caused this and if amps are repair able at all, i can show a picture if that would help. Thanks

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
how much does it cost to rebuild an amp

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1682
it can cost up to 200$ for a good repair! sound like u diff blew the pwr supply transistors.
u said it was proffessionally installed. Then take it back up there, and demand an explaination!

some stores I have checked out claim to be proffesionals and are very far from it!!!!! I know a few stores that have no knowledge of to ohms law, or box tuning... but still perform installs... do a background check on a store first!

Username: Ekomstop4twenty

Marshall, Tx United States

Post Number: 1
I am trying to run my car amp in my house. I have every thing figured out except how to power the damn thing. If anyone can help me please let me know.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
anyone know what would have caused this, and also whats a good amp that will push my kicker cvr 12's 4ohm to their full potential,
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us