Newbie need help with infinity reference 6.5 speakers?

Username: Scionmark

Boston, Ma Usa

Post Number: 1
Hi everyone well I'm installing a pair of infinity 6010 cs 6.5 speakers with tweeter component in the front of my car and the amp i'm using to power them is a power acoustic 4 channel i know their not the best but with a 4 year warrenty on them i cant really lose and can always trade it in later for upgrade when i have some more cash =). each channel puts out 100 rms and the speakers peak 270 watts and say they can handle 90 rms wanted to use two channels for the front one for the back and one for a subwoofer.Would the speakers work ok with 100 rms power? or would i be better off bridging the channels along with my back speakers so they get 50 rms and use the other two channels for sub woofer? trying to figure whats better for the speakers since i heard under powering them could be just as bad as overpowering them but i'm a newb so dont know sqaut lol any information would be appeciated and also figuring if i get the rockford punch 150 watt speakers for the back they'd make up for the mid bass the infinity's lack good idea?

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1618
that setup is not going to work, most 4 channels have setting(high-lo or full pass for each pair of channels. that sub is not going to work, run all of your internals on that amp or run the left side on channels 1,2 and right side on 3,4 and adjust amp accordingly. Or run the speakers left on channel 1 and right on channel 2, then bridge the sub on 3,4(only if single 4ohm or dual 2ohm sub) and run at lowpass....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us