Bad install? i dont get it

Silver Member
Username: Dpaw20

FL USA

Post Number: 313
so i ordered an IDQ12. Dual 2 ohms and its hooked up at 4 ohms to my A8000t.Its getting around 400 watts and its in a truck box in my dodge dakota standard cab.

I got it installed today at the local audio shop and when i went to set the gains and w/e it sounded like it was just a weak sub. Idk how to explain it, it wasnt hungry for more power at ALL. It says it needs around 500 rms watts and im givin it less than 400.

I HAD 2 bazooka's that came with the truck when i got it, and the IDQ doesnt sound much louder to be honest. The SQ isnt really noticeably different either.

Im confused. My cusin had a 12" mtx that was rated at 300rms watts in an even smaller box and it got 3 times as loud.

Really it seems like the money, and space sacrificed on the passenger seat wasnt worth it AT ALL...

im so dissapointed. idk wut to say/do.

Anybody see a problem that i dont?

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5717
Welcome to the world of regular cab trucks. Did you try rolling the windows down and seeing if that improved bass response?

Second, what size enclosure is the sub in? The fact that it isn't louder or sound better makes me think that it's in the wrong enclosure or just doesn't have enough amp. Enclosure for that sub should be around .5-.6 cu ft.

"Im confused. My cusin had a 12" mtx that was rated at 300rms watts in an even smaller box and it got 3 times as loud."

If a 12" was in an even smaller box than that of the IDQ, it was either in WAY too small an enclosure or your IDQ is in WAY too large an enclosure. I know of no 12" that will work well in a .5 cu ft box, it would be extremely boomy and resonant.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us