Remote wire help plz

Silver Member
Username: Perrydog

Flint, Michigan USA

Post Number: 131
how do i split my remote wire from the one coming from my head unit into 4 wire that i can put in my amps? let me know what part i need and were i can get it...also is there any special way i have to split my rcas or can i just buy spliters?

Silver Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 889
you culd just splice the remote wires with 4 other wires

Bronze Member
Username: Bachatero07

Post Number: 21
i used a power block to split my remote wire into 4 lines. there are 3 power distribution blocks total in my trunk. the best way to split your rca cables is to you a crossover. unless you have more then one set of rca cables connecting to one amp. otherwise, use a crossover so that each amp is getting the right sound. the amps built in crossover are never really that good.

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1265
i wouldn't power more then 2-3 things with the REM lead from the HU. you will be very likely to burn it up. use a relay to keep everything isolated. you can pick one up at radio shack or partsexpress.com for just a few dollars.

for the RCA's, you'll need Y cables, which can also be picked up at thoes places. or you could "daisy chain" and amps, although i don't know much about doing that.

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 715
I'm with Brandon. For 4 turn ons you should use a relay.

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1273
or just not so many amps, lol

Silver Member
Username: Killer44

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 423
could i run my remote wire like this...
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/705732/5

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1278
thats the same as splicing all the wires together. i ran 3 amps off a REM lead before with no problem. i wouldn't run more though.

Silver Member

Flint, Michigan USA

Post Number: 132
so will a relay let me run 4 amps? i know there is a way to do it i just gotta figure it out....i know right now im runnin 2 and i just split into the main wire....and my rcas im usin Y cable will that work fine for more? and will the relay let me run 4?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
about the rca's, if you have more then one amp, its most likely cuz you have your subs on one amp, your mids on another etc., so like i said b4, you should have a crossover to split the signal. the crossover splits the signal (depending on how many outputs it has) and it sends the correct frequency to each amp. unless ofcourse u want bass to ruin your front speakers.

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1288
a relay will let you run several things, so 4 amps will be no problem.

with the RCA's, use Y adaptors to split each side, R and L, into 2 and run a longer RCA from there to each amp. but like Dennis said, this will only be one signal. you can't use this and split it up for subs and mids and highs...ect. you'll need to do something different. get a better HU, crossovers...ect

Silver Member

Flint, Michigan USA

Post Number: 133
all the rcas (4 sets) are going to amps for subs...i have the kenwood kdc mp628, i am gonna go get a relay today...its there n e thing i need to know before i hook it up and the rcas....if their all for subs does it matter if i use Y wires? and should i buy an amp for my highs and mids, i have sum kenwood tweeters, 6 1/2s and 6X8's in my car now...should i get n e thing else?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
you should have an amp for the highs and mids. the head unit cannot really take a beating like that. if all of your rca's are going to amps for the subs and y cables will be ok. just make sure they arent the crappy chinese brand. get quality stuff. and the other very important thing is make sure the rca wire is not running together with the power wire from the battery. in other words, run the rca's on the opposite side of the car. running them together usually causes hum in the speakers.

Silver Member

Flint, Michigan USA

Post Number: 134
just wounderin on how to hook up a relay and what it looks like, how much they are, and is that how i run 4 amps in one car? off of one head unit

Silver Member

Flint, Michigan USA

Post Number: 135
any only about relays....anyone?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us