Alpine Mrd M501 excessive current

Bronze Member
Username: Jundi

Post Number: 21
Im having a problem with my amp, Recently Every time I turn up the music past volume 2 my amp shuts off and gives me CURR on the display. In the manual it says that the amplifier has been shutdown due to excessive current. Im running a kicker l5 at 2 0hms with an alpine mrd m501. The sub is been working great for like 6 months untill now does anybody know whats wrong and how i can fix it.

Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1602
it is an amp issue, i had the same prob with my mrd 545

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
So basically my amp is fried.

Username: Nanbakat

Mexico CityMexico

Post Number: 1
Check your ground wire and connections. You might have a loose connection somewhere

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1610
Mine did that right out the box,

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
yeah i tried that and everything looks fine but now the amp reads 12 volts which is normal but the sub doesnt work. i think i blew my sub.

Username: Willahlborn

Post Number: 1
my mrv-f345 did that, then I realized it was because I only had the sub hooked up (not the front speakers) and my rcas for both front and rear were connected. I unplugged the rcas to the fronts and problem solved. I will plug in the front rcas when I hook up the front speakers and everything should play fine.

Silver Member
Username: Jron

Post Number: 205
amp should read more that 12volts with car running, mine always stayed at 13.8 or so.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us