Hookedontronics.com

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1320
anyone ever order from them before, they have good prices but i never heard of them before. and also which H/U would every1 choose
http://www.hookedontronics.com/show_product_details.jsp?cid=18713 pioneer deh-p580mp $150

http://www.hookedontronics.com/show_product_details.jsp?cid=13115 Clarion DXZ655MP $158

Bronze Member
Username: Logan__tille

Post Number: 27
id take the pioneer.

Bronze Member
Username: Halter

Ohio

Post Number: 75
agreed

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 1952
disagreed....kenwood :-)

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6328
both r good choices & have similar features but i'd choose the Premier ...

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1325
ya, im leaning towards the pioneer, ive heard a lot better things about them, and i looked at some kenwood H/U's but didn't find any in my price range that i liked.

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1327
http://www.hookedontronics.com/show_product_details.jsp?cid=18689 what about this one i was looking around and found this one, im not really sure if its better than the pioneer though but figured i would post it and see if some1 had any experience with it.

Silver Member
Username: Greeney1888

Maple Grove, MN United States

Post Number: 224
My brother has one similar to that 1 ^^^ and he has had it for over 2 years and seems to be pretty happy with it

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6341
looks good too

i noticed ur staying away from the norm of alpine - did u check Eclipse Hus too ?.......

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1258
idk if you've seen any of Pioneer's 2006 stuff yet, but it looks nice. haven't seen any of i tonline yet, but i got an 06 catalog. if anyone wants, i could scan and put it in a thread.

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1328
ya it seems every1 around here either has alpine or sony H/U oddly enough, and plus i've heard a lot of great things about pioneer, im pretty sure thats the one im gonna go with but i'm gonna keep lookin for a little while longer, and i haven't looked at eclipse H/U's the only ones i've heard of are way out of my price range.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3281
Definetly go with Pioneer or Eclipse or Clarion

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1330
i was reading on another forum that clarion HU's over heat a lot cause they're heat sink is on the side instead of the back? any1 ever heard of this before.

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1358
ok i need all the opinions i can get, i'm either going with the pioneer or clarion, but i can't decide, the pioneer only has 2.5 volt pre-outs while the clarion has 4volt, and i've read that the motorized face on the pioneer quits working, so im looking for all the opinions i can get.

Silver Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 928
so I guess your budget is around $150 right?

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1362
ya i'd like to stay in the $150-$160 range.

Bronze Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 43
this ones nice

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=15756

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1363
isn't the 580mp a step above the 480mp.

Bronze Member

Ct.

Post Number: 44
you talking about the 5800mp? not really sure about it being above the 480mp, looks to be about the same specs wise. but the 5800mp is the red one, right? i've seen it in person and it looks a little to pink for me. i'd stick with the 480mp if that's your budget.

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1365
no its the deh-580mp, theres a link in my first post, and the red really doesn't bother me since my jeep is red i figured it would fit with it.

Bronze Member

Ct.

Post Number: 45
that link wasn't working for me at first, but i found that site now. yeah, it's different then the one i thought. personally not a fan of the red hu though, just don't think there that sharp. if sticking with pioneer try out the 6800mp, bit more but i just swapped out my other pioneer for it and love it!

Gold Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1485
I agree with Daniel (hAvoc), the Pioneer HU's are good, but Kenwood dominates in SQ and power output.

Sorry, it's just I've always had quality receivers and such from Kenwood, clear back to some of their gear from the 70's and 80's.

Silver Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 932
my buddy has a kenwood hu too and it'a awesome. It's one of the better looking one's i've seen. It has all the angles and all those little features. He paid over $300 for it a few years ago, so it was a pretty good hu.

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1367
http://www.salectronics.com/detail.asp?product_id=KDCMP5032&referer=shopzilla hows this kenwood its the kdcmp5032, it looks nice, the only thing is it says 3 pre-outs but it doesn't say if the 3rd one is a sub out or not.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3302
Dustin, You better stick to that Pioneer Premier DEH-P580MP

http://www.hookedontronics.com/show_product_details.jsp?cid=18713

That is the one i am about to order. It should come with a 2 year premier warranty thru hookedontronics.com and offers you 4 volt preouts instead of 2 volt with the regalar pioneer. It has all the features needed to make a great system. Well goodluck to you.

Either that or the Eclipse CD2000 or 3000 will put you in the same price range. I whould go with the Premier 580 in this case. Cant beat it for the money.

Gold Member

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1498
Most Kenwood HU's come with 4V pre-outs. It's only the entry-level ones that you'll find 2V pre-outs on.

http://www.hookedontronics.com/show_product_details.jsp?cid=15974

That is a very nice HU. It's the one I have :-). An upgrade from it would be a KDC-X789 (5V pre-out and 64 colors I believe).

It's a workhorse for both SQ and output. I'm extremely pleased with it's performance. I've yet to hear a very good Pioneer HU personally. Some come with an on-board volt meter, but that's the only thing on it that would sell me on them.

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1375
ya i think im gonaa go with the pioneer, i've heard to many bad stories about kenwood for my tastes, and imo the pioneer has the best looks. Thanks for all the replies by everyone.

Gold Member

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1513
Haha, I guess it's the look of the Kenwood that sells me in part. It reminds me of their oldschool receivers/amps from back in the 70's and 80's with the rectangular silver body, blue lights and knobs. lol. But the performance is what really sells me on them.

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1376
they look good on paper, but i've read on other forums and seen first hand that they break down a lot.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us